Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Poll Poll
Question: What is your favourite Proby album?

« Last Modified by: Forum Administrator on: 29th Nov, 2010 at 10:00pm »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Discuss and vote for your favourite P.J.P album! (Read 32868 times)
29th Nov, 2010 at 8:06pm

Forum Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I love P.J. Proby
UK

What is your all-time favourite PJP album?

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 30th Nov, 2010 at 3:37pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

My vote was for the "In Town". A close second for me was "Legend" made 31 years later. This tells you such a lot about the singer P.J.Proby.His standards have not dropped thru' the years and to back that up just recently the "Sixties Gold" CD came out & that too is brilliant.
   The reason I chose "In Town " is that I'm a real lover of the Hollywood musicals & have a massive collection of them on DVD.So to hear my favourite songs performed by my favourite singer is just like being in heaven!
     Finally I have to say I also like very much the 1990 album "Thanks".It comes under the heading "others" I suppose.P.J. at the time was not in the best of health but the amount of emotion on those songs was second to none!
In fact any album ever done by P.J. is great!
         Ron

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 1st Dec, 2010 at 9:56am
heather   Ex Member

My favourite is rough velvet,as, What,s wrong with my world is on it.
Heather  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 1st Dec, 2010 at 7:07pm
cOlin   Ex Member

Oh dear what an impossible question  its only 7-am here and its hard enough to choose what to put on my toast.
I chose PJ PROBY his second LP because for me its nostalgia, it was the first I bought and really showed PJ's vocal versatility.
Mission Bell was a hit at the time, I had the single 'Somewhere'
This LP confirm to me that a star was born.  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 1st Dec, 2010 at 8:15pm

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Everyone

The trouble with trying to say which is my favourite album is its too difficult to choose. When new ones came out in the past , they were then always the best but if I could only take one on a desert island then i would probably have to take " Rough Velvet" purely because it probably has the best choice. Now Ive already changed my mind. I would have to take them all.

Andy

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 1st Dec, 2010 at 11:08pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

My  vote is for "Legend" . An album of such quality that proved that PJ really was back.
Dave

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 7th Dec, 2010 at 9:52am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

At the moment it's "In Town" by a whisker but lots more votes are needed before a verdict can be reached. Come on Probyites...make your choice please!
            Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 9th Dec, 2010 at 5:37pm
Jenny   Ex Member

I love I am PJ Proby & PJ Proby. Its a wonder there is any grooves left on them. I played them none stop when I was a teenager.  Cheesy

Jenny x

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 15th Dec, 2010 at 3:28pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

21 votes in so far....I think when we get to about 50 we'll get a good idea of the winner.
  I actually never play any old vinyl that I also have on CD so my grooves are still intact! Mind you I still love the tactile effect of the old L.P's & their covers. As P.J. says "Those little silver things" can never better them!
         Ron

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 17th Jan, 2011 at 12:24pm
Annie   Ex Member

I think my favourite is "Legend" - I love Suburban Opera and When, or is it "In Town", I also loved those musicals (and still do).  I also like "Thanks" for the same reason as you Ron - a lot of feeling in that one. Others keep coming to mind but I'll leave it at that.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 17th Jan, 2011 at 10:46pm

Elaine   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

It's been really hard to choose any 'favourites' because I love them all, but I've narrowed it down to three. 'Legend' is amazing and is one that I play a lot. One that really touches me with it's emotion is 'His Hand in Mine' - I would love PJ to do another album like that! Another one he puts so much feeling into is 'Thanks' which I also love. Now after talking about them I'm going to have to play them all AGAIN!

Elaine

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 20th Jan, 2011 at 1:52pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi Elaine,
    Glad you mentioned "Thanks". Very,very under-rated album. Not every Proby fan knows about this CD. I've just told a lady about it who lives in Kent & she ordered it straight away. I suppose it's because it was made a couple of years before P.J. burst back on the scene after splitting up with his best pal Jack Daniels!!

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 24th Jan, 2011 at 9:03pm
Daria   Ex Member

Unfortunately the first two P.J.P. LP's released on this side of the ocean were not identical to those released in the UK....however, if you don't mind I'd like to add my two cents as well!
Hands down, my favorite LP is the first one which was available in Canada. The title on the sleeve was 'Somewhere' but on the LP it read 'Go Go P.J. Proby!' I received it as a gift on my 16th Birthday.....have played it thousands of times over the years.....but I still get shivers up and down my spine when I listen to it on the stereo....especially 'Somewhere' and 'The Glory of Love'. What wonderful memories it brings!
Tied for first place is 'Legend'......a more mature P.J. Proby but even more dynamic.....what a voice....what a talent! I'm so glad that 'he's back'!

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 14th Feb, 2011 at 4:32pm
Barry   Ex Member

Like everyone else here, I find it very difficult to choose a best  album. But having really given it some thought, I would have to pick his first one "I Am P J Proby". I think the tracks on here really show Jim's talent off very well.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 20th Mar, 2011 at 11:46am

Bridgetc   Offline
P J Proby is the best
vocalist
hertfordshire

I have only just discovered Legend but it is already a favourite album. I can't choose a favourite track between "Yesterday has gone","Suburban Opera"and "When".

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print