Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
P.J. Proby If I Can Dream on YouTube (Read 19960 times)
1st Dec, 2010 at 12:10am
Manja   Ex Member

Hiya!
I'm happy to bring you the news that I've just uploaded some footage that I took of PJ Proby, performing in Tunbridge Wells, onto YouTube. Here's the link to If I Can Dream:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
Could you please let me know what you think? I know I'm not a filmer... Cry

Manja

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 1st Dec, 2010 at 12:43am

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

That is just fantastic. My favourite song from the show.
You get top marks from me.
More please.
Best regards
Dave

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 1st Dec, 2010 at 11:15am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Manja

Well done. Excellent piece of filming. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Brings back the memories.

Andy

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 1st Dec, 2010 at 1:47pm

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Thanks for that Manja. As you know I'm forever harping on & pushing for someone to make a dvd of these P.J. shows.The chance was missed when he toured with Dominic Kirwan.As far as I know the "60's Gold" show was also not filmed.I really hope that the forthcoming "Elvis" show will be filmed somewhere along the line.Get the Legend on film please!!!...without wishing to sound morbid,none of us are getting any younger,waiting forever is not an option!!
       Ron

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 1st Dec, 2010 at 7:38pm
cOlin   Ex Member

Perfect filming, clear view, sound was good as well from my seat here too.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 4th Dec, 2010 at 11:59am

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

If I can dream of a DVD
Where P.J.Proby is all I see
Tell me why, Oh why, Oh why
Can't my dream come true?
          Ron

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 4th Dec, 2010 at 8:27pm
skint   Ex Member

Hi Ron,
I back you 200%. We really do need to get DVD and CD's done for any of Jim's forthcoming tours. The Elvis one is a absolute must. I am sure it cannot be the cost of getting this done. Can anyone tell me why this does not happen??
His fans are begging for this. Is it down to Robert Pratt,well whoever it is please get this organised.
Loved the clip of Tunbridge Wells.

cheers
Skint (John)

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 17th Mar, 2011 at 10:10am
Poss1977   Ex Member

Hi Manja, About P.J. singing "If I Can Dream". Every time I watch this clip, he's that good, he gets to me emotionally. Cry
I just hope that one day in the not too distant future he can make my dream come true.  Smiley
Leanne

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 18th Mar, 2011 at 10:08am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Manja

Thats truly great. Now the question is  Do you have any more ???? In particular my favourite " How Great Thou Art". Keep up the good work

Andy

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 18th Mar, 2011 at 1:08pm

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Great that these wonderful clips are on You Tube. I know I'm sounding boring but if they were on a DVD that we can keep forever that would be even better.
   As Boy George sang "when you're gone...you're gone forever!" I want to be able to watch these magic P.J. moments until the day I keel over!!!
          Ron Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 18th Mar, 2011 at 8:19pm
Manja   Ex Member

Hi Ron,
I have an old Eric Dolphy record since I was 15. I used to play mainly Proby, Blues & Jazz in those days. On this record Eric Dolphy says:
"When you hear music, after it's over, it's gone in the air .... you can never capture it again..." I've always loved that saying.
I know it's not quite true anymore, since everybody can record whatever they want with their mobile phones. Still I think it makes the music extra special, that it's so ephemeral. Maybe we shouldn't try to capture everything. It turnes the music into a surrogate copy instead of the real deal and the experience of being there. What happens to the vibrations & feelings when you film a performance? You can't capture those!
Let's go for the real deal and watch Proby live as much as possible.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 21st Mar, 2011 at 3:44pm
Annie   Ex Member

Having PJ on DVD would never stop me from seeing him live - being able to download is not the same thing, I've actually never been able to download to my computer or a mobile - I know, I know, Manja you say we should all be able to do it but sorry, at 72 (in a few weeks time) it is not an option for me now.  So I'm with Ron - A DVD of the Elvis Show would be fabulous.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 21st Mar, 2011 at 8:07pm

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi Manja,
    Sorry but I'm greedy concerning P.J.!!! I want live shows,CD's dvd's, photo,the goddam lot!!. I want to experience everything to do with a Living Legend! Bet I'm not the only one!!
    Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 22nd Mar, 2011 at 11:03am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Manja

Im with Ron on this one. It would be great to have a DVD of this show. P.J. sang great on this tour and Lee has a lot of admirers as well so lots of copies would be sold.

I love watching the old clips of P.J. I have on DVD. Some good , some brilliant and some maybe not so good, when he wasnt well, but they are all Great to watch.

If only someone would get this show on DVD for the fans it would be brilliant

I guess im dreaming though.

Andy

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 23rd Mar, 2011 at 11:43pm

Bridgetc   Offline
P J Proby is the best
vocalist
hertfordshire

Hi Manja
  I'm with you on this one,the live shows are so special.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print