Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cliff mentions PJ (Read 13224 times)
15th Dec, 2010 at 10:37pm

Elaine   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

As the weather is so dreadful I've been catching up with my reading, and a while ago I came across the book "My Life, My Way" by Cliff Richard. I'm not a big Cliff fan but thought the book might be quite interesting, and I found an unexpected mention of PJ. Cliff was commenting on how we always remember where we were when we first heard certain songs, and how he was driving down the old A10 when he heard PJ singing Somewhere and he thought it was amazing! He's obviously got good taste in music.

Elaine

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 18th Dec, 2010 at 3:48pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Remember when P.J. duetted together at The London Palladium in 1995? They were great together but Cliff was no match for "The Voice". I put an old pic of them singing onstage at The Pally in '95 on the previous forum.Gawd knows how it can be transferred if anyone wants to view it!
       Ron

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 18th Dec, 2010 at 3:55pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Ron again!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

Uploaded with Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

I forgot to say in my previous posting "P.J. duetted together with Cliff". I would have edited my post  but unlike on the old forum I couldn't see how to.
        Ron
« Last Edit: 20th Dec, 2010 at 4:15pm by Joep(U.P) »  
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 18th Dec, 2010 at 7:28pm

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

Ron wrote on 18th Dec, 2010 at 3:48pm:
Remember when P.J. duetted together at The London Palladium in 1995? They were great together but Cliff was no match for "The Voice". I put an old pic of them singing onstage at The Pally in '95 on the previous forum.Gawd knows how it can be transferred if anyone wants to view it!
       Ron

Ron please upload that picture to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login and copy and paste the forum code in your message
All messages ( and pictures) are lost, no way WE can restore it.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 18th Dec, 2010 at 11:50pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Hi Ron,
To edit your post, just click "MODIFY"

Roll Eyes

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 19th Dec, 2010 at 12:11am

Elaine   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Ron

I'd love to see your pic of PJ and Cliff.

Elaine

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 19th Dec, 2010 at 12:20pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi Elaine,
     I'll sort out the pic between stuffing my face with choc's & exotic drinks..hic!..& pulling a cracker now & again!
     I admire Cliff for his staying power at the top.He's the male equivalent of Vera Lynn. P.J. has been going for the same amount of time as Cliff (late 50's) but he was the complete opposite of Cliff character wise.Cliff was Mr. Goodie-Goodie & P.J. always thought of as Mr Baddie-Baddie even tho he was by far the better singer!
       Ron

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 19th Dec, 2010 at 10:12pm

Elaine   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Thanks Ron!
Yes they are complete opposites but give me Mr Baddie-Baddie every time.

Enjoy your chocs and exotic drinks

Elaine

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 22nd Dec, 2010 at 11:19am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Everyone

Just a short message from me to all you wonderful Proby Fans. A VERY HAPPY XMAS.

I think we should all dig out " The Christmas Song " by P.J. and play it on Christmas day.

Hope the Weather allows everyone to reach the destination they want to be at.

Fingers crossed

Andy

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 23rd Dec, 2010 at 4:21pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Good idea Andy....wish the radio stations would sometimes play a Proby Xmas song at this time of the year.Or maybe they don't know he made a Xmas E.P. in the 60's!
         Ron
P.S. What happened to the pic of Sir Cliff & Lord Jim??  Sad

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 23rd Dec, 2010 at 4:24pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Blow me down...the pic is back! Now you see it & sometimes you don't!  Or have I maybe had a few too many glasses of ginger wine? Bottoms up!
          Ron Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print