Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Joe Longthorne duetting with P.J.?? (Read 14521 times)
27th Dec, 2010 at 6:08pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Just viewed a You Tube interview with Joe Longthorne talking to Bailey Ritz. Joe says some lovely things about P.J. & then tells us that early in 2011 he's releasing a "duets" CD. He's hoping to do a duet with P.J. for the album. Has DutchBrand got any news about this possibility? The track incidentally is "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" according to Joe. A coincidence maybe that this was a duet P.J. did with Goran Engman in Uppsala? or was he getting in some practice for when he teams up with Joe?
     Ron  Wink
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
« Last Edit: 27th Dec, 2010 at 8:27pm by Joep(U.P) »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 27th Dec, 2010 at 9:11pm
Manja   Ex Member

Hi Ron,

THs sounds like very old news to me. Are you sure Joe is talking about 2011? When was this interview held?
I've just looked up my report from the Easter Blackpool Shows in 2007, where this news was mentioned:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login!
Sadly, nothing ever came from the collaboration of PJ and Joe Longthorne. Basically I believe that any British duet formation is doomed to fail from the beginning, as the other artists always feel threatened by Proby. Basically he outsings them all! Luckily, Göran Engman is a totally different character, who thoroughly enjoys singing with PJ and I do see a future there!

Manja

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 28th Dec, 2010 at 11:21am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I don't think other singers feel "threatened" by P.J. Wary perhaps because of his past wild boy reputation but I would guess they all have one common thought.....what a voice! Marc Almond was nowhere near as good a singer as P.J. but their duets were amazing.Marc just proudly got on with it.
    I'll check out the age of the Longthorne interview.
           Ron

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 28th Dec, 2010 at 12:56pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi Manja,
   It's possible that the interview is from 2008 or 2009.It's all slightly confusing though as Bailey says when interviewing Joe that he also interviewed P.J. a few weeks earlier.So is the P.J. interview also from 2008 or 2009? I thought Bailey's chat with P.J. was from Oct. 2010 just before a 60's Gold show.
    Ron Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 30th Dec, 2010 at 8:16pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Talking about duets....I've just been watching the Dutch Proms on Dutch T.V from Utrecht & special guest was Engelbert Humperdinck.He's 73 now but still looking & singing very well, just like someone else we all know.Anyway to close his act he did a duet with one of Holland's top male singers René Froger.Choice of song was very unusual...the old Procol Harem hit "A Whiter Shade Of Pale".It was fantastic & got me thinking that P.J. & A.N.Other could probably do it even better.Hope P.J. gives it a whirl one day onstage.
     Ron Cool

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 2nd Jan, 2011 at 5:15pm
cOlin   Ex Member

Ron wrote on 28th Dec, 2010 at 11:21am:
I don't think other singers feel "threatened" by P.J. Wary perhaps because of his past wild boy reputation but I would guess they all have one common thought.....what a voice! Marc Almond was nowhere near as good a singer as P.J. but their duets were amazing.Marc just proudly got on with it.
    I'll check out the age of the Longthorne interview.
           Ron

I was so pleased to read this Ron. My thoughts exactly...happy new year to you! Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print