Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Night I Met P.J. (Read 5378 times)
1st Jan, 2011 at 11:54am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

On YouTube you can watch Gerry O'Gorman of The Witnesses sing his song The Night I Met PJ.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

This song has also been recorded and released on CD by The Witnesses. PJ received the CD last year and it's very good!
You can order the CD "Juke Box Hits Volume 3" through their website
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
This is what they say about the song:

THE NIGHT I MET PJ
A musical version of a late night encounter in Bury with Elvis’ guide vocalist James Marcus Smith aka Jett Powers aka PJ Proby.
The Texas legend’s rendition of Pledging My Love (Johnny Ace RIP) for Th’ Eagle and Child regulars inspired the chorus ‘..a stranger in the corner’ etc.  Years after the closure of Bolton Road’s premier music venue Van Morrison asked ‘Whatever Happened to PJ Proby?’  to which PJ replied ‘…if you find out, please let me know’.

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 21st Apr, 2011 at 12:47am

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Have a look at the new video of the song now on youtube. A live performance by Gerry O'Gorman and the Witnesses. It is really good.

Hope you like
Best regards
Dave

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print