Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sounds of the Sixties (Read 10603 times)
15th Jan, 2011 at 12:38pm
Annie   Ex Member

Yet again Brian Matthew has come up trumps, this time with "I Can't Make It Alone" - although I wish he would play the original single with PJ double tracking.  It's on the EMI years so no excuse but whenever it's played on the radio they always use the album track - but no matter as long as PJ is there. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 29th Jan, 2011 at 2:44pm
Annie   Ex Member

Another triumph for Brian on SOTS.  Let The Water Run Down - I can see P J singing this in my mind's eye. It was an excellent programme this morning - lots of 60s stuff I liked, take a listen if you get the opportunity. I Grin've sent my customary thank-you.
A

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 30th Jan, 2011 at 7:22pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Brian is a good old boy!! Well in fact there are two Brian's who are good old boys and who both have good taste in music! Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 31st Jan, 2011 at 8:46am

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

Quote:
Another triumph for Brian on SOTS. Let The Water Run Down -
I can see P J singing this in my mind's eye
. It was an excellent programme this morning - lots of 60s stuff I liked, take a listen if you get the opportunity. I Grin've sent my customary thank-you.
A

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 31st Jan, 2011 at 3:42pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

This is a great song.When P.J. was searching for special songs to record in the mid 60's he & his good pal Chris Curtis (original drummer with the Searchers) were going through Chris's giant record collection & this is one of the songs they found!

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 2nd Feb, 2011 at 3:40pm
Annie   Ex Member

Thanks for the video, I had to go onto Youtube to watch it as I couldn't hear it through the home page music - no complaints of course - just another excuse to go and watch a few more PJ videos.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 5th Feb, 2011 at 2:47pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Listened to "S.O.T.S". this morning. No P.J. today but as usual a great selection of 60's music. My two favourites were Adam Faith & Chuck Jackson. Also great to hear Brian reading out a dedication for some Dutch listeners,even better to hear him actually speaking Dutch & not bad either.
    Todays DJ's are rubbish & up themselves. Brian is from the old school & knows how to present a show.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 6th Feb, 2011 at 3:33pm
Annie   Ex Member

I agree Ron, Brian is a great DJ - he played Jackie Wilson also who I like very much.  Some of it was all double dutch to me though!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print