Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Song Of The Month (Read 23071 times)
16th Apr, 2011 at 8:41am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

We were wondering whether you are all aware of The Song Of The Month on U.P's site. It's full of surprises and often gives you something rare and special. Just check it out:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
I hope this is the right link. U.P, please correct me if I'm wrong again.

It's almost right and it will work, but the right "URL" for this page is Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

Or simply click Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login to go to thesong of the Month

Thanks Manja, for mention this page !
« Last Edit: 16th Apr, 2011 at 11:54am by Joep(U.P) »  

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 18th Apr, 2011 at 12:05am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Thanks for correcting me, U.P!
Another great discovery is the jukebox on U.P's site with 30 new songs in it! Just push all the buttons and take your pick. Old-fashioned Pop-corn Fun!
Here's the right link:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
« Last Edit: 29th Apr, 2011 at 5:55pm by Joep(U.P) »  

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 8th May, 2011 at 11:43am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Didn't know P.J. had recorded a song called "No Song"!! How does it go!!
   Just joking Joep!!
              Ron Wink

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 16th May, 2011 at 9:36pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Love the Proby juke-box!!It's the type that used to hang on the walls of café's & bars. If ever I see a similar one on e-bay for sale I may get it & fill it with P.J. records to re-create U.P's idea for real!
    Ron Cool

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 17th May, 2011 at 11:22am

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

Believe me or not, but after I put "our" jukebox online, I found the same one on the "Queens-day_market"
Not a real old one, but a radio/cassette recorder ( the same as I used for "our" jukebox )
I gave it a nice place in the kitchen.
Funny what?

Ps Did you found your top10 on it Ron?

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 17th May, 2011 at 12:54pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi U.P.
   Haven't found my own top 10 on the juke-box but to be honest any songs on the juke box by P.J. are good enough for me! I love 'em all!
          Ron Grin

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 17th May, 2011 at 4:06pm

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

click twice on the next buttom ( looks like this: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login )

Hope it works for you !

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 18th May, 2011 at 7:36pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Yes!! it worked....thanks!!
           Ron Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 1st Jun, 2011 at 8:03pm
Manja   Ex Member

Well, the Proby Song of the Month on YouTube seems to be the "Controversial 68 Medley". I think it's suggesting that Led Zeppelin was involved in a controversial song in which the N-word is used, namely "black person". However, in 1968 this wasn't a problem apparently. It goes to show it changes through the ages what's political correct and what is not.
I have always loved this medley and think it's the greatest blues ever! Of course the songs are written by James Marcus Smith, aka P.J. Proby himself. At the end of the recording of the album Three Week Hero, there was half an hour left of paid for studio time. As Jimmy Page had just moved to Louisiana, PJ suggested they'd do some Louisiana Blues. As the boys started improvising on a tune, PJ wrote the lyrics. They laid the song down within the remaining half an hour. I think it's one of the finest songs PJ has ever done. His voice is utterly amazing, and so are the guys from the New Yardbirds (soon to become Led Zeppelin).
So, U.P, how about having Jim's Blues as the next song of the month on your website?

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 2nd Jun, 2011 at 7:59am

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

Good Idea for July!

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 2nd Jun, 2011 at 10:07am
Manja   Ex Member

Hi U.P! So I'm not getting my Song Of The Month now?  Sad Cry Cry  I've asked you on 1 June and there's no song of the month for June!  Angry How long in advance do we have to send in our requests? Huh Everybody better start sending in requests straight away, so we've got you booked for a few years in advance! LOL.
Everybody please remember, The Song Of The Month is not only for your own pleasure, as I'm sure you could always listen to your favorite songs at home, but it's your choice of what you think the world should hear! So please ask U.P to play your favorite Proby song as well and together we'll work on advertising Proby with the best songs ever ...
Manja

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 2nd Jun, 2011 at 4:36pm

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

lol, someone was first !

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 3rd Jun, 2011 at 1:33pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Sorry Manja,
   Before coming on to the Forum a couple of days ago I saw there was no SOTM for June so I mailed U.P. with a request! Then on the Forum I saw you had requested the "'68 Medley". As U.P said....I just got in there first! LOL!Hopefully next month your request will get played.
   Heard P.J. sing "You've Come Back" live onstage in the musical "Only The Lonely" & it's been one of my fave's ever since.It was put into the musical because song writer Stephen Sondheim would not let his songs be performed outside of the show "West Side Story" so "Somewhere" & "Maria" were banned from the Orbison story.
          Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 4th Jun, 2011 at 7:59am
Manja   Ex Member

Ok, Ron, fair enough!
I like You've Come Back as well.  Smiley
If there are no other competitors, I hope U.P will grant my request for July... Smiley
Manja
Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 4th Jun, 2011 at 8:17am

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

"I Will" for July

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print