Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Song Of The Month (Read 23045 times)
Reply #15 - 4th Jun, 2011 at 11:34am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

The recording of "You've Come Back" is in my opinion P.J.'s natural singing voice.Back in the 60's he was known as "The man with a thousand voices" & this confused many people as they agreed with that statement but still couldn't figure out which was the real P.J. voice.I think this is it but I bet there are others who disagree.
   I love the fact that P.J. has many,many singing voices but not all music fans are in agreement.One track that confused me years ago when "Legend" was released was "Pain In Your Heart".I was waiting & waiting for P.J. to start singing & still waiting at the end of the song! I genuinely thought that someone else's track had found it's way onto a P.J. CD. by accident.Then it hit me....it was yet another of his 1000 voices.Brilliant!!
           Ron Grin

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 4th Jun, 2011 at 11:55pm
Manja   Ex Member

Hi Ron,
This is an interesting subject. PJ's ability to sing in so many voices is what makes him so unique. His voice is amazingly flexible. He can sing anybody he likes but nobody can sing "Proby". I believe that he uses this ability to express different feelings and emotions. I do not believe such a thing as "the real PJ voice" does exist. However, there are "Proby" characteristics in every song he sings, that give them his special touch. Although we all know what the "Proby Factor" is, I couldn't describe it. Could any of you?
Manja

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 7th Jun, 2011 at 6:37pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I'm never usually lost for words but Manja asks us to give a description of "The Proby Factor" in his songs. Sorry but at the moment I just cannot!! He is special & unique with the X,Y & Z Factor but just like you Manja I cannot describe "The Proby Factor". Wish I could!
   Anyone else fancy trying to put "it" into words?
          Ron  Huh

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 7th Jun, 2011 at 7:08pm

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

It's so easy, PJ add something extra to his songs ( some call it "soul" )

Soul is something Elvis never had, to tell you the truth: I never liked Elvis, cliff Richard and Tom Jones-es) they where all to "sweet", I loved the extravagant and naughty style of PJ.

On the same time I loved to raw voices of Eric Burton, Van Morrison and later Willy DuVille (died much to young)

Good Dutch saying "breek me'n bek niet open" Angry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Reply #19 - 31st Aug, 2011 at 9:35am

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

For September "And The Sun Will Shine" , a request from Barry
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
« Last Edit: 1st Sep, 2011 at 7:58am by Joep(U.P) »  

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 1st Sep, 2011 at 1:02pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Great choice......my question: WHEN will the sun shine? LOL!
              Ron Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print