Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print
PJ on SOTS (Read 190088 times)
Reply #270 - 19th Mar, 2016 at 11:35am
AnnieLean   Ex Member

PJ on SOTS again this morning, what a surprise 2 weeks running - Niki Hoeky.  2 songs in foreign language!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #271 - 19th Mar, 2016 at 5:17pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Ha ha! Annie,so right!
   P.J. sang us "Niki Hoeky" his giant USA 1967 hit. The record following P.J.'s was also so interesting....Barry Benson singing "Not A One Girl Guy".
  For those who don't know it....before he started singing & making records Barry was P.J.'s "Personal Coiffure".
   Sadly Barry is no longer with us.
         Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #272 - 16th Jul, 2016 at 11:52am
AnnieLean   Ex Member

Brian has come up trumps again, this time a song just for me, Work With Me Annie - what a treat.  Way back in the 60s my 1st husband bought me this record from Paris - it had a picture cover - I think he was keeping in my good books because I stayed at home with the kids whilst he went on holiday with my brother.  Nevertheless it was one of the best gifts he ever gave me.  The record was sold when I replaced all my vinyl for cds - lack of space. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #273 - 20th Jul, 2016 at 4:39pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

At last on "SOTS" another P.J. song got played. This song (Work With Me Annie) was the B side of the 1967 single "You Can't Come Home Again".
  All of us Proby fans are now happy bunnies!(especially Annie)
    Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #274 - 23rd Jul, 2016 at 7:46pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Tomorrow (Sunday 24th July) take a listen to "The 60's Scene" on Cambridge 105fm. The shows host, John J. Gannon, will be playing an amazing P.J.Proby song. It's one that normally never gets played on the radio,......What is it? The great demo done by P.J. in late 1962 for songwriters Weisman-Wayne: "Fun In Acapulco". A beautiful song & so incredibly sung by P.J. that Elvis sang it in exactly the same fashion for his 1963 hit movie.
    Ron
P.S. The radio show begins at 11 in the morning & lasts for 2 hours. For people not in the Cambridge area then you can listen to it "live" online or wait until John posts it to Facebook a few days later.

IP Logged

Reply #275 - 6th Sep, 2016 at 10:47am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Last Saturday there was no P.J. on "S.O.T.S." but the week before (27th August) he did sing. It was a request by Proby fan Christine Hall of Holton in Suffolk. She was celebrating her birthday but didn't want us to know her exact age! LOL!
  Anyway Christine had the song "Mission Bell" played.
Does anyone on here know Christine?
    Ron  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #276 - 9th Sep, 2016 at 10:52am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Christine Hall is not registered on here. She's also not one of the 2,023 friends of P.J. on Facebook. And as far as I can see she's not a Fan Forum FB member.
  However I have just been looking at an old list of fan club members from about 10 years ago & her name & full Suffolk address is on the last of those five pages. So I hope we can attract Christine to re-join the P.J. "fan club".
   Ron  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #277 - 5th Nov, 2016 at 11:46am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I did send in a request to "S.O.T.S." for a P.J. song to be played today to celebrate his 78th birthday but it never happened!  Undecided
  HOWEVER tomorrow on Cambridge 105 fm radio show at 11.00 a.m ("The 60's Scene") that great DJ John J. Gannon will play two super P.J. songs & wish him & great birthday.
I requested the A & B side of a superb single.Take a listen on the radio or via you computer tomorrow or later in the week on FB John posts the show on there to "listen again".
   Ron  Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Reply #278 - 12th Nov, 2016 at 9:44am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Great to hear at about 8.20 P.J. singing this morning (12th Nov.) on "S.O.T.S.". His recent birthday did not get a mention,it was a request for listener Sue.
   He sang the great rocker "Rockin' Pneumonia & The Boogie Woogie Flu" for her (& us!)
   Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #279 - 12th Nov, 2016 at 9:48am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

John J. Gannon played two magical P.J. songs last Sunday & praised him a lot.
We heard the singles A & B sides:Let The Water Run Down/I Don't Want To Hear It Anymore" from 1965.
Two fantastic & totally different songs proving what a versatile & unique singer P.J. is!
   Ron Grin

IP Logged

Reply #280 - 12th Nov, 2016 at 11:52am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Back to this morning's "S.O.T.S." show. The lady who requested a P.J. song was Sue Maskell. It was for her hubby Sonny's 70th birthday. The two of them also have a lovely doggie called Roxy...a 2 year old Labrador.
  Brian did not say where they live in England. This is a Sue I've never previously heard of although I do know other P.J. fans with the name Sue.
  Anyone on here know a Sue Maskell...or a surname with a similar sound?
  Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #281 - 26th Nov, 2016 at 12:01pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

This morning, Sat.,26th November, once more P.J. got to sing for us on "S.O.T.S."
  Tha amazing "Somewhere" which was played at the request of Barry Orton of Hinckley,Leics. to celebrate his own 70th birthday yesterday. Plus Barry also said that at his wedding 49 years ago the same song was what he & his wife got married to.
   I'm sure a few years ago I read in some newspaper the story about Barry & his great admiration for the one & only P.J.Proby.
  I don't think he's on any P.J. forums but I send him my best wishes any way!
   Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #282 - 26th Nov, 2016 at 5:43pm
AnnieLean   Ex Member

SOTS has been so good to PJ  this year, we've heard him more times than Elvis - I wish Brian Matthew get-well-soon, although Tim Rice did a good job.  Thanks Tim for keeping up the good work. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #283 - 27th Nov, 2016 at 6:27pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Great start to the day I just turned the radio on and it was the first song I heard. I listen on the television (channel 702), naturally I turned the volume up (my neighbour was out) and filled the house with his fantastic voice, luckily my wife is very understanding Grin

IP Logged

Reply #284 - 30th Nov, 2016 at 3:09pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hope the wonderful "Golden Oldie" Brian Matthew gets well & is soon back. Sir Tim Rice is a wonderful song writer but when I heard his voice on "S.O.T.S." it sounded like he was just reading all the facts & figures from a piece of paper
  I have heard that the BBC were considering "retiring" Brian anyway in the near future even tho' he wants to stay! Some of the names who were mentioned as his follow-upper were just not right!
  So Brian....get well & get back soon!
     Ron  Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print