Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print
PJ on SOTS (Read 190091 times)
Reply #285 - 3rd Dec, 2016 at 9:20am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Today..Saturday,3rd December. Coming up soon ,yet another P.J. song.
  Sir Tim once more the host of SOTS but soon Brian will return.
      Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #286 - 3rd Dec, 2016 at 9:58am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Voila....at 8.35 it happened. "Three In A Row" requested by Roger Clough of Wolverhampton.
  First Gene Pitney singing "Just One Smile",then Noel Harrison performing "Windmills Of Your Mind" & finally P.J. singing "I Can't Make It Alone". Three magical songs!!
   The connection was: Dusty Springfield put those three songs on her album "Dusty In Memphis".
   Wonderful listening...thanks Sir Tim Rice.
      Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #287 - 8th Dec, 2016 at 1:51pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

This Sunday (11th December) a P.J. song on "The 60's Scene" & then on the "Xmas 60's Scene " show on the 18th Dec. a song dedicated to me & Linda....P.J. singing one of his 1965 Xmas E.P. songs.
   Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #288 - 9th Dec, 2016 at 10:22am
AnnieLean   Ex Member

I wish they would play the "original" I Can't Make it Alone, with the double tracking.  Why they have to take the LP version I do not know.  Having said that any Proby play is wonderful.  We just call SOTS THE PROBY SHOW.
Ron, where is "The 60s Scene", I don't know it at all?

IP Logged

Reply #289 - 10th Dec, 2016 at 10:54am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Cambridge 105 fm. Every Sunday morning at 11 o clock. Host is John J. Gannon,a big P.J. fan.
  I cannot get it on my radio so I tune in via my computer. I sometimes listen "live" on a Sunday or I listen a few days later also on my computer when it's "listen again" time.
   P.J. song coming up tomorrow & then another on the "Xmas 60's Scene" show on the 18th December when a P.J. Xmas song from his 1965 E.P. will be played for me & my wife Linda.
   Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #290 - 11th Dec, 2016 at 1:00pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Thank you John J. Gannon for playing at 11.37 this morning "Hold Me" by P.J. for me & Jean Ann Kostilek.
   John was very complimentary to P.J. & also to Jean & I.  And to make things even better John said that he also likes my version of Hold Me" that I put on a CD called "Heroes" a couple of years ago. John had visited You Tube to take a listen & view the super clip.
   This time next week a Xmas Proby song will be aired on his great radio show "The 60's Scene". I am listening on my computer at the moment.....perfect quality.
      Ron Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #291 - 22nd Dec, 2016 at 3:14pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Last Sunday on the "60's Scene" radio show on cambridge 105 fm the great John J. Gannon played the fab P.J.Proby 1965 recording of "The Christmas Song" & kindly dedicated it to me & my lovely Lady Linda.
  For the next few days the whole show is now on FB & P.J. comes on just after the second half of the show begins.
  Wonderful!
     Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #292 - 31st Dec, 2016 at 12:41pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

This morning on the final 2016 "S.O.T.S." radio show we heard P.J. singing "Hold Me".
   At about 9.30 host Sir Tim spoke about The Walker Bros.,P.J.Proby & Elvis Presley & their connection & played a great song by each of all those three legendary acts.
   Anyone who missed it can "listen again" as many times as they want to,just go to the "S.O.T.S. web site.
   HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL
     Ron  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #293 - 1st Jan, 2017 at 10:09am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Happy New Year to all Proby Fans. Heres to a great 2017 and more live performances from the one and only. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #294 - 8th Jan, 2017 at 3:32pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

This morning (8th January) & every Sunday from 11.30 until 1.30 there's a great two hour radio show on Cambridge 105 fm. It's called "The 60's Scene". I listen via my computer "live" or if I miss it then a few days later it's repeated on my computer, usually via FB.
  John J. Gannon,the host,played a great Proby song in the second half of the show. It was "That's The Tune" & John chatted about P.J. & told us where the song came from back in 1967.He's a real P.J. fan & I'm helping that to happen LOL! Thanks John.
    Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #295 - 21st Feb, 2017 at 9:47am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

This Saturday (25th Feb. 2017) it's Brian Matthew's last "S.O.T.S." radio show. The BBC have decided to "retire" him even tho' he's only 88!.
  So Brian will do his final show & it will be highlights from many shows he's hosted since he started way back in 1990.
   New host will be Tony Blackburn.
      Ron  Cry

IP Logged

Reply #296 - 25th Feb, 2017 at 10:38am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I'm listening right now to Brian's final "S.O.T.S." radio show. He sounds great & his voice is still clear & natural! So why retire him!?
   Tony B. taking over next Saturday at 6 in the morning  Roll Eyes,for me that's too early but I'll try & get up on time. Otherwise I'll listen to a repeat on Sunday midnight or probably go to the BBCiPlayer.
   Brian has not played a P.J. song today so far but in two hours not every huge 60's star can get a song played.So I forgive you Brian. LOL!
  Great to hear that two or three times a year Brian will get an occasional show on Radio 2 called "The Brian Matthew Years"  Smiley
   Ron

IP Logged

Reply #297 - 25th Feb, 2017 at 11:30am
AnnieLean   Ex Member

My Saturdays have now been completely upset - my first 2 hours of the day were with SOTS, no way will I be getting up at 6.00 am to listen  I do record it and will have to change my routine to catch it later in the day.  It's a funny old year - what with the stent incident and now no SOTS, I'll have to wear out my cds instead.  I do approve of Tony Blackburn taking over - he's an ideal choice.  I hope he's a PJ fan. Sad

IP Logged

Reply #298 - 6th Mar, 2017 at 3:35pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I listened to the last hour of the "S.O.T.S." last Saturday when Tony Blackburn took over.
   I was not impressed..he made the odd mistake when he spoke plus he rambled on about a dog he once owned in the 1960's. He kept telling us it was being brought back from the dead & at the end of the programme his doggie "returned" & gave us some barkingg! All a bit childish!
   So I'll always want Brian Matthew back & I give him 10/10. I give Tim Rice a 6/10 & Tony Blackburn only gets a 4/10 from me.
   Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #299 - 8th Mar, 2017 at 8:21pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

6am is much to early for me so I don't know when I'll here the show again but I went on their home page to see what tracks he played and noticed he began with Flowers In Rain which is the same song he started Radio One with in 1967. I'm guessing the dog!! was Arnold who featured on his show for years in the early days.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print