Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print
PJ on SOTS (Read 182907 times)
Reply #300 - 11th Mar, 2017 at 8:19pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Arnold is his dog. And now Tony has made a giant piece of news that Arnold at the age of 53 is back from the kennel up in Heaven.This morning he rambled on again about this "miracle"! LOL!
  This is more for kids than for us golden & mature adults! Never had such nonsense when Brian Matthew was the shows host.
   Please BBC radio...B.B.B.(Bring Brian Back)
     Ron  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #301 - 20th Mar, 2017 at 11:06am

AnnieLean   Ex Member
I Love P.J. Proby!

I don't get up early for sots but I record it and listen later in the day.  Although Tony Blackburn has an odd sense of humour I prefer the music he plays.  Brian usually played obscure songs from the sixties - which of course Phil The Collector plays now, Tony plays the popular ones that we all loved.  I'm obviously hoping he will get round to P.J and I will try to get a request in.  I'm looking forward to hearing Brian again on the radio though because I miss him after all these good years. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #302 - 23rd Mar, 2017 at 9:40am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I've read in the "Radio Times" that on this newer "S.O.T.S."  radio show D.J. Tony Blackburn plays a heavier concentration of familiar radio hits punctuated by the occasional request or obscure track.
  I listen to most of the show but for me it's not so interesting any more as when Brian did it.
   Lots of complaints being sent to the "Radio Times" feedback page...so many listeners want Brian Matthew back.I agree with them. The latest moan from a guy in Grimsby says this:
    "Peerless Brian on "S.O.T.S." is replaced by Blackburn's kiddies show,complete with infantile jokes,barking dead dogs,stories all about himself,endless & unneccesary time checks & pointless text messages. Please,please Radio 2 bring back the grown up version of this show".
  So most people want Brian Matthew back in charge! Tony is not a bad DJ BUT in my view (& thousands of others) he does not suit "S.O.T.S."
    Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #303 - 27th Jan, 2018 at 10:06am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Great to hear this morning on "S.O.T.S." the wonderful song "Per Questo Voglio Te" performed by P.J. Done at the 1966 San Remo Song Festival it was absolutely brilliant.
   Also this morning great comments by Tony Blackburn & Phil Swern.
P.J. came on air singing this morning at about 7.25 a.m U.K. time.
  If anyone missed it then you can always listen to the repeat.
P.J. was planning to sing this song & "Quando Tornera" in English later in 1966 but unfortunately that never got to happen.
   Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #304 - 29th Jan, 2018 at 8:39am

AnnieLean   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love P.J. Proby!

I was up early enough to hear this lovely song - since 4 am in fact, couldn't sleep!!!  I have it in my collection somewhere - must take another listen.  Thank you Phil Swern. Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 
Send Topic Print