Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Some new 1965 Proby footage discovered... (Read 16736 times)
3rd Jan, 2012 at 11:37pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

On YouTube you can watch an Italian news reel (Rai Uno) about mods in Sweden from 1965. It's all about long-haired youth. You see the teenagers screaming in front of the stage for P.J. Proby and then one climbs up there and jumps all over him.... LOL
The Proby shot is very brief, but still it's great to see this new footage!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 4th Jan, 2012 at 1:55pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

It's great!! There must be lots of footage like this in various archives the world over! In this clip it's after about 3 min. 15 seconds that some crazy gal throws herself at P.J. onstage.A police-officer & P.J.'s manager manage to prise her off him! Those were the days.
     Ron Grin

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 4th Jan, 2012 at 6:23pm
Barry   Ex Member

I too enjoyed that bit of footage. Thanks.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 4th Jan, 2012 at 9:33pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Great stuff Dutchbrand you did well to spot that.  Like ron says there must be more footage out there somewhere. I can't believe somebody didn't record a whole gig of P J's magical performances odf that time.

George.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 5th Jan, 2012 at 12:24am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Well, someone from the States posted it on PJs Facebook wall. It's been on YouTube for over a year. Actually Beargrove spotted it before us on his Delphi Forum! Must be a coincidence...

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 6th Jan, 2012 at 11:35am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Someone Smiley turned the footage into a great P.J. Proby snippet!
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
Thank You!

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 6th Jan, 2012 at 11:48am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Thank YOU Manja!
           Ron Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 6th Jan, 2012 at 1:13pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Well, it wasn't me... I'm not that clever!

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 8th Jan, 2012 at 4:47pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Sorry Manja,on my YouTube screen it says "Uploaded by Manja Dolan" so I naturally thought it was you.
    Ron Embarrassed

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 8th Jan, 2012 at 4:52pm
sue enfield   Ex Member

just watched the 1965 footage of p j whow does it bring  back memories i remember seeing him and screaming and running down to the front of stage to try and get to him to no avail as bouncers slung you back lovely memories

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 9th Jan, 2012 at 11:53am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I bet Sue you were the fastest sprinter out of all the girls racing down to the stage.Some of those bouncers in front of the stage were bloody heavy handed too. I know a girl who pretended to faint right by the stage at a P.J. show.A sympathetic bouncer looked after her & even got her in to see P.J. afterwards in his dressing room.Clever lass!
        Ron Grin

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 9th Jan, 2012 at 7:20pm
pauline   Ex Member

Yes Sue it brings back a lot of memories. I remember trying to get on the stage at one concert and ended up with holes in my black tights after fighting the bouncers. I hadnt been married very long and when my husband picked me up he was disgusted (miserable bu....). Also I never spoke to my mother for days after meeting Dave Berry and I washed my hands and put the water in a Hair lacquer bottle and she wouldnt let me put it in her china cabinet. I could go on and on about concerts. I was a bit of a wild child. Now I can hardly walk but never mind I still hobble along on my walking stick to see PJ all over, and will even if I have to go in a wheelchair. Those were the days.
Pauline
ps So if you see an old woman with a walking stick at Liverpool say hye

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 9th Jan, 2012 at 7:44pm
Barry   Ex Member

Pauline. You're as old as you feel. Just keep on hanging on to those good old memories girl.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 12th Jan, 2012 at 11:14am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

hey Pauline,
   Having a walking stick must have a few advantages.If anyone gets nasty with you then simply give 'em a clout with it. Plus next time you're at a P.J. show then go to the front of the stage & when he gets down on his knees to sing closely to the audience hook him round the neck & just "pull".This will mean he has "fallen" for you in a big way!! LOL!
    Ron Grin

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 12th Jan, 2012 at 4:20pm
pauline   Ex Member

Dont put ideas into my head, I might just do that lol.
We have had some good times over the last few years when we all meet up at concerts and having a drink or 2 afterwards and had a good laugh. So who is going to Liverpool and we can all meet up. I am staying in the same hotel as Elaine and I know Marilyn and Jim are going. So hope to meet you all.
Pauline

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print