Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Year 2011 (Read 13122 times)
3rd Feb, 2012 at 12:49pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

We were wondering whether you've all read the report about the year 2011 on the HouseOfProby website??? Check it out! You'll get to read the whole story about P.J. Proby's tour One Night Of Elvis with Lee Memphis King .... Smiley

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 4th Feb, 2012 at 12:11pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Will do!
    Ron

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 6th Feb, 2012 at 10:48am
Barry   Ex Member

Will read as soon as possible.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 6th Feb, 2012 at 10:58am
Barry   Ex Member

Just read it. Cant help but wonder why Lee King got so upset. I take it he never realised just how popular PJ is, and that he still has a very loyal fan base, but unfortunately is not considered by the promoters here, capable of filling one-night shows around the country.  Sorry Mr. King, but thats the risk you take when you work with a true professional.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 6th Feb, 2012 at 11:50am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Lee should have just taken it on the chin like a man! Instead he behaved like a spoilt little schoolboy! He's gone right down in my estimation & I'd never be interested in seeing him perform (sorry imitate) ever again!
       Ron Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 7th Feb, 2012 at 10:38pm
skint 11   Ex Member

Hi All,
At the end of the day Lee is a imitator,a very good imitator at that. But Jim is a legend. He shook this countries foundations in   64/65/66 His friendships with Lennon and Presley add to this.
plus he was the wildest act ever to hit these shores. I saw the very first Elvis gig in Manchester and i detected that Mr King did not like the way the fans wanted Jim back at the end on stage, Mr King just said that Jim would be tucked in bed.
Jim could and should of been as big as any artist there has been,but like most of the genius type of people they don't follow the middle road.  Somehow Tom Jones has managed to follow that middle track,but then he hasn't quite got what Jim has. All of us are frustrated that he is not up there on that throne,just maybe one day he will get that recognition for what he has done.  As always i hope that some connection out there will catapult him to stardom one day.
The X Factor try to make stars,you can't make stars,Jim Proby was born a star with those special ingredients,amazing voice Charisma and in Jim's case controversy.

Skint

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 8th Feb, 2012 at 10:31am
Manja   Ex Member

Hi Skint,
I couldn't agree more. I still hope that one day P.J. Proby will get the full recognition he deserves. Meanwhile, let's all try to raise his profile as much as possible. It's never too late.  Cheesy During the Elvis show everybody that had never heard of PJ before, was so impressed by him!

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 8th Feb, 2012 at 10:08pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

I have just read Ron's excellent letter in Beat magazine 'P J Proby-Probably the Best'. If that doesn't make promoters and theatre managers sit up and think then nothing will
Dave

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 8th Feb, 2012 at 10:15pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi SKINT,
    you know what, we could be the same person, everytime you express an opinion on here I have to admit I could'nt have said it any better and you've done it again. Well said.
   George

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 9th Feb, 2012 at 12:43am
skint 11   Ex Member

Hi George,
I think we all have the same dreams,lets hope we all get our wishes!!   Good to meet you at the Greenroom,lets hope we get to meet again soon.

Jim Proby has always been the backcloth of my life.

everyone who knows me know's i love Lincoln City Football Club,and P J Proby.
I did not see him live until Mr Smith's Club in Manchester until  1968,and then that was it.
The Robin hood of Rock/Pop/Country/Soul or whatever.
all the best George.

Skint

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 9th Feb, 2012 at 12:22pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi Skint,
   You love P.J. & Lincoln City F.C. Did you go to the concert at Lincoln Castle in August 2002. Great show....Marty Wilde,Mike Berry,Jet Harris & the one & only P.J.Proby.It was UNFORGETTABLE!!
    Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 9th Feb, 2012 at 12:32pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I think if P.J.'s great & different autobiography could get published that would shoot him right back into the public eye.If the publishers were big they would arrange for him to be on lots of TV chats shows to plug the book.To my mind getting that book out & into the shops is very,very important!!....in fact a priority.I then believe that the bookings would come pouring in.
       Ron Grin
P.S. Nice of David Parker of "The Beat" magazine to always print my P.J. articles & letters.He's a big fan of P.J. Don't forget that the voting for the magazines "Roll Of Honour"  closes on March 26th. One for all & all for ONE!!

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 9th Feb, 2012 at 4:20pm
Barry   Ex Member

Skint. I totally agree with everything you say.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 10th Feb, 2012 at 9:56pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Hi Ron,
Why don't you share your letter in the Beat magazine with us here on the Forum? We all would like to read it. Sadly, David Parker stopped sending PJ the magazine a long time ago!
Smiley
Manja

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #14 - 11th Feb, 2012 at 3:10pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I actually wish more P.J. fans would subscribe to "The Beat" magazine.It's a fantastic publication but is running on a tight budget. It's available on-line too very soon at a cheaper price than subscribers pay for the actual printed issues.For more info please visit::www.kingsleyhousepublishers.co.uk
   I'll scan the letter in soon & send it onto Manja.
          Ron
P.S. I'll mail editor David & ask if he'll resume sending the mag. to P.J.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print