Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Youtube (Read 9300 times)
17th Feb, 2012 at 1:26am
DevilInRedVelvet   Ex Member

Was looking through the footage of PJ on youtube - and thought it would be great if we could have a series of DVDs compiled of PJ through the Decades through musical performance and in interview. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 17th Feb, 2012 at 12:38pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

I don't quite understand what you mean on that point DIRV.Do you mean Dutch Brand would collect all the clips from various fans & other sources of P.J. performances & interviews & then compile a series of DVD's for sale thru' merchandising? Starting with the 60's,then 70's, 80's,90's etc etc.?
    That would be one hell of a big job! Nice suggestion tho'.
             Ron Wink

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 20th Feb, 2012 at 1:11am
DevilInRedVelvet   Ex Member

Hey Ron,

That was exactly my idea - Dutchbrand are already working on providing a list of 'all known P.J. Proby footage' so as they are putting the effort into compiling the info anyway (check out the last paragraph on the houseofproby recordings and releases page) why not take full advantage. Wink

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 20th Feb, 2012 at 1:47am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Hi Devil,
You are right that I had the plan to make a list of all known Proby Footage. I did start a few years ago, but sadly I've never had the time to finish it. Likewise with the illustrated life story on the House Of Proby website. Who nows, one day....
You're also right that it would be great to make a series of DVD merchandise from all the footage. We've had great help from Kevin in transferring all videos that are in PJs possession to DVD, so there is quite a lot to work with.
Sadly, there are more projects than I have the time for. I'm only one Manja and not a bionic woman. We could use some volunteers! Currently we are getting help with the Metric Music Demo Days double CD from Peter in Sweden, who is improving the quality of the tracks.
If there's anybody out there that would like to take on a DVD project, please let us know....
Smiley
Manja

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 20th Feb, 2012 at 5:28pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Manja,
   You mentioned the P.J. web site & the illustrated life story chapters.If you remember in July 2009, at your request, I wrote the chapter "Prime Time....P.J.Proby in the 60's." It was approved by P.J. but he did want the few lines about the trouser splitting incident to be changed to relay how he saw it. I did write it was a conspiracy against P.J. at the time but P.J. wanted to add even more about the promotor being paid to drop him & add Tom Jones.
   If that sentence or two can be added then hey presto it's another addition to his fantastic life-story.You could add the story without photos to begin with & then when you have the time slowly include a few rare 60's photos which I'll send when my writing is hopefully available to view.
         Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 2nd Mar, 2012 at 11:15am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

No news yet about my latest "Prime Time" enquiry dated 20th February?      
        Ron

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 3rd Mar, 2012 at 12:07pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Any DVD experts out there that can help Manja? 'Fraid I can't, I'm just not clever enough in that field.
       Ron Huh

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 4th Mar, 2012 at 1:46pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Ron, the Prime Time chapter has to be rewritten completely, I'm sorry. Also it needs illustrations. I hope to get more time in Summer. Guess you'll have to be patient.

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 4th Mar, 2012 at 3:04pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi Manja,
   The older you get the more impatient you get !! LOL!
       Ron Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print