Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Rituals. Kim Fowley was producer. (Read 21627 times)
Reply #15 - 8th May, 2013 at 9:53pm
Jan   Ex Member

Hello Manja  and everybody

Thanks for the very intresting  info on the Rituals single Gone. I bought that disc shortly after I read a
Kim Fowley ”Ugly Things” article about ten years ago.  To my dissapointment no P.J. on ”This Is Paradise”
( as Kim wrongly states in the article ) . But turning to the flip ”Gone” suddenly there was P.J.s  powerful falsetto !
I have allways said that it is the voice of P.J. but to get this info is absolutely great.
And isn’t it P.J.s falsetto on ”Surfer Rule” to , I think it is !

Jan Sonesson

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 9th May, 2013 at 4:48pm
BernardFinch   Ex Member

Hi All

Just to confirm to Jan that PJ Proby was unfortunately not on "Surfer's Rule". PJ was not at that session. The falsetto behind the verses and chorus' was in fact yours truly (if only I could still hit notes as high as that now!). Kim Fowley wrote this number during the session for the "B" side of our rendering of "Heart and Soul" (which I don't think was ever released), and Kim wrote the words on the back of a brown envelope (honestly). According to Slade's Noddy Holder in his autobiography Kim did the same thing at one of their very early sessions too.

Bernard Finch (ex The Rituals)

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 9th May, 2013 at 9:08pm
Jan   Ex Member

Hello Bernard .

Ok ,we have to be satisfied with the fact that our hero is on the "Gone" recording. I will print the info from you and put it in the sleeve with the record. Great !
Anyway fine falsetto on the "Surfers Rule" recording.

Jan Sonesson

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 6th Jun, 2013 at 11:33am
Annie   Ex Member

It's never too late to put the record straight Bernard.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print