Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
P.J. Proby Interviews (Read 64449 times)
26th Aug, 2012 at 1:51am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

PJ will be giving several interviews in the coming period, in order to promote the Sixties Gold Tour, so keep your ears and eyes open.
So far we've got:

- An interview for the BBC by Keith Middleton which will be broadcast on Sat 27th October:
'The Extravaganza' with Keith Middleton (on BBC Shropshire, BBC Stoke, BBC Hereford & Worcester, BBC Coventry & Warwickshire and BBC WM)

- A written interview in the Southern Daily Echo. Not sure when that one will be published.

We'll keep you posted,

Manja
« Last Edit: 13th Sep, 2012 at 8:51am by Joep(U.P) »  

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 26th Aug, 2012 at 10:16am
Barry   Ex Member

Nice to hear about this Manja. Although I doubt we will hear anything up here, north of the border, but if I do I will certainly pass it on.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 28th Aug, 2012 at 11:52am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

I sometimes contact newspapers to remind them that P.J. is coming to town in a tour. I ask them (push them LOL!) if they would consider doing a preview write-up. Their answer is sometimes positive & a lovely article surfaces.Maybe Barry you could ask your local newspaper to do a piece about the "60's Gold" tour with the emphasis hopefully on P.J.
          Ron Grin

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 28th Aug, 2012 at 8:31pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

That is fine normally if DutchBrand organises a show. However, please remember that the interviews for this Tour are all set up by Chimes International's PR people and the interviewers will divide their attention equally between the different artists. So please do not do anything to obstruct the official PR people.

Here's some more:

- a live interview in a Sunday night show featuring 60s-80s music with Ged Robinson, BBC TEES on 2nd September around 9.45PM. The Darlington shows will be promoted here.

- another interview for the South of England, that will cover Chichester, Bognor, Midhurst and Petworth Observer series; Worthing, Shoreham and Steyning Herald series; West Sussex Gazette; West Sussex County Times; Crawley Observer; Mid Sussex Times; Sussex Express; Eastbourne Herald; Hastings, Bexhill, Rye and Battle Observer series and covers several south coast dates at the begining of the tour. More info to follow.

Enjoy!
Manja

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 28th Aug, 2012 at 9:17pm
Jen   Ex Member

Read first post, but saw no interviews scheduled for north-west.Read Rons and Barrys , thought great idea, will contact local paper, myself, but then saw Manjas post, so maybe not! Agree with Barry though. There is very rarely any news about P.J. in the north-west(Merseyside) in my case. P.J.did once do an interview for radio Merseyside, think it was year before last. My husband heard it, but I did not !

« Last Edit: 30th Aug, 2012 at 7:40am by Joep(U.P) »  
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 29th Aug, 2012 at 10:17am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

This is the info for the interview for the South of England. The interview will be published in different newspapers, before the different shows:

The interview will be with Phill Hewitt who is the cheif reporter at the following newspapers :-
Chichester, Bognor, Midhurst and Petworth Observer series; Worthing, Shoreham and Steyning Herald series; West Sussex Gazette; West Sussex County Times; Crawley Observer; Mid Sussex Times; Sussex Express; Eastbourne Herald; Hastings, Bexhill, Rye and Battle Observer series

This interviews covers:
September 2012
25-Sep            FAIRFIELD HALLS, CROYDON
26-Sep            THE KINGS THEATRE. SOUTHSEA
28-Sep            THE ANVIL, BASINGSTOKE
29-Sep            ASSEMBLY HALLS, WORTHING

November 2012
20-Nov            CONGRESS THEATRE, EASTBOURNE

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 29th Aug, 2012 at 4:59pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

My idea about contacting a local newspaper was nothing to do with interviewing P.J. or anyone else appearing.I meant well! It was simply tell the newspaper that a certain big tour is coming to their town/city & asking them to pass the info onto their readers telling them who is on the bill & also to give out some info about the wonderful past musical history of the acts who'll be onstage & then also say where & when the Legends will be appearing. Just the important general info & if the newspaper adds a few pics from their archives that's even better.
   I know that any "official" P.J. interviews in the newspapers or on the radio are nothing to do with me.My idea is simply to generate a bit more interest in the complete show & all of the artistes.The more publicity the general public see about a show like "60's Gold" then hopefully the more the ticket sales will increase.
       Ron

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 30th Aug, 2012 at 1:23pm
Jen   Ex Member

Ron of course you meant well, and understood your meaning. I meant my post to be said in a  jokey way. Just meant I could contact local paper when P.J. comes to the Phillamonic hall Liverpool, but would never do so unless it was fine to do so.It was the way I worded my post. Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 30th Aug, 2012 at 2:48pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

The interview for the Observer in the South of England was cancelled by the interviewer...
However, the interview with Douglas McPherson for the national newspaper The Stage was a huge success, so please keep your eyes open!
« Last Edit: 30th Aug, 2012 at 6:13pm by DutchBrand »  

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 30th Aug, 2012 at 6:58pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi Jen,
  The "Liverpool Echo" is quite good regarding P.J.,they do more than most newspapers to let people know when he's coming to town or if he's already done a show to comment on how it went.The Liverpool radio stations also like Mr P.J.P.
    He likes Liverpool & Liverpool likes him.
               Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 30th Aug, 2012 at 8:25pm
Barry   Ex Member

Well everyone, I've contacted the local paper in Glasgow and politely asked them whether they could maybe do a little piece on some of the biggest names of 60s music that will be in the Royal Concert Hall on 1st Dec. Headlined (for us obviously) by PJ. Will let you know if I hear anything, but you dont ask, you dont get.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 31st Aug, 2012 at 3:41pm
Annie   Ex Member

This all sounds very positive to me I'll look out for the write-ups around the Worthing area - if they go ahead, and get my sister to keep her eyes open in the local news.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 1st Sep, 2012 at 10:47am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The more write ups in the papers the more people will know about the "60's Gold" coming to their town or a neighbouring venue.
   Elaine sent me what probably is one of the first previews of the show arriving,this time in Llandudno.Here is the link:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
  If the link does not work here then type it in on Google or take a look on my Facebook wall.
   These small articles are an added "extra" that back up the official interviews that the stars of the show give under the guidance of Chimes.They just give a bit of info about the artistes appearing & when & where they are in town.
    Ron

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 1st Sep, 2012 at 10:53am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The link does work. As I stated on Facebook these kind of small articles give the show an extra boost. Mind you in this one the writer calls P.J. an "easy listening star". P.J. is much, much more than that!!
   In some record stores you find the Proby CD's in the "easy listening" section near to Perry Como & Dean Martin. WRONG!!
        Ron Wink

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 1st Sep, 2012 at 8:36pm
Barry   Ex Member

Thats just the sort of plug I would be looking for Ron. At least it lets a lot of people (who wouldnt otherwise have known) hear about the show. I do hope Glasgow decide to do something similar.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print