Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
P.J. Proby Interviews (Read 64447 times)
Reply #15 - 2nd Sep, 2012 at 10:38am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Hi Everybody!
This is to let you all know that PJ will be interviewed LIVE tonight for BBC Radio Tees & Newcastle by Ged Robinson. This will be around 9.45PM.
The interview will cover the shows in Darlington and Gateshead.
So don't forget to tune in!!!
Manja

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
« Last Edit: 11th Sep, 2012 at 11:13am by Joep(U.P) »  

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #16 - 2nd Sep, 2012 at 5:58pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Barry..you are right.Lots of people are 60's music fans but are not on the computer or reading mags about the 60's etc.So to see a small but useful article in their newspaper about a 60's tour stopping by locally should get them excited & down to the box office to order their tickets.
  I'm going to the show in Worthing at the end of September so very soon I'll contact the newspaper there & ask 'em to give the show a plug.I do that at every P.J. show I attend.Every newspaper has a showbiz writer & if you ask them nicely if they can fit in a compact article they usually try.
      Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 5th Sep, 2012 at 10:13pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I see that on 5th Sept. the "Liverpool Echo" have also done a preview of the "60's Gold" show. It's mainly all about Gerry Marsden which is understandable being as he's a "scouser".The other acts get a quick mention including Chip who will not be appearing.Strange that the newspapers do not know that yet. Or perhaps there is still a feint hope that he could make some of the gigs?
          Ron

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 6th Sep, 2012 at 8:32pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Graham Rogers has recorded a really nice interview with PJ Proby which will be broadcast as part of his BBC Wiltshire Sunday Morning Show this weekend between 10 AM and 1 PM!
So don't forget to listen on Sunday 9 September!

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 7th Sep, 2012 at 4:51pm
Probyfan   Ex Member

In some record stores you find the Proby CD's in the "easy listening" section near to Perry Como & Dean Martin. WRONG!!
        Ron Wink [/quote]
You have to admit Ron, that's good company & I reckon both Perry & Dean should be pretty happy to be in such illustrious company.
Regards,
Tony

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 7th Sep, 2012 at 7:45pm
Barry   Ex Member

As far as Im concerned, they can put PJs CDs anywhere they like, as long as it is still being shown that he has material to purchase. I must admit that any time I go into a record shop, I make sure that PJs covers are at the front of the lot beginning with the letter "P". Old habit of mine. lol

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 8th Sep, 2012 at 10:23am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I too always place P.J. CD's in the rack where everyone cannot fail to see him. Not every record shop has P.J. CD's tho' which is not right!
   I love to see this in the CD racks: Orbison,Pitney,Presley & Proby.....4 Legends next to each other in alphabetical order.
     Ron Grin

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 8th Sep, 2012 at 10:26am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hey Tony,
   I'd much rather see P.J. in the CD rack next to Roy, Gene & Elvis rather than Perry & Dean, LOL!
        Ron Wink

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 9th Sep, 2012 at 10:22am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

This is an interview reminder, as we seem to be getting off topic:

Graham Rogers has recorded a really nice interview with PJ Proby which will be broadcast as part of his BBC Wiltshire Sunday Morning Show this weekend between 10 AM and 1 PM!
So don't forget to listen on Sunday 9 September!

So better tune in now, or "listen later"

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 9th Sep, 2012 at 7:50pm

Bridgetc   Offline
P J Proby is the best
vocalist
hertfordshire

Heard the Graham Rogers interview and enjoyed it very much .PJ was in good form again,all the memories were there.I enjoyed "Somewhere" but I don't know where they got the version of " Hold me"  from , I don't think it did him justice, his voice is far better than that now.

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 9th Sep, 2012 at 7:58pm
KathyB.   Ex Member

Yes I agree with you Bridget. Both Hold me and Somewhere were not versions I have heard before. Still the interview in general was really good. PJ at his most eloquent. Loved his "posh" impersonations but loved more to hear his Texan drawl.

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 9th Sep, 2012 at 9:07pm

Lindgren33   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love P.J. Proby!

Two questions about this interview: "Young americans swings the world" was the 1962-pilot of Shindig. Here's the content and of course we would all looove to see it:
Jackie De Shannon - "Sing Sing Sing."
--P.J. Proby - "Endless Sleep" & "Turn Me Loose."
--The Chambers Brothers, Clydie King and the Sweet Things - "Peppermint Twist" & "What'd I Say?"
--Tura Johnson (from Sweden) - sings "Personality" in Italian.
--Scooter Teague - "Mack the Knife."
--Jesse Collins - "Believe What You Say."
Also appearing: the Chaps, the Young America Girls, the Leon Russell Band; Glen Campbell and David Gates.

I've been trying to find a copy of this show, on Youtube et al... Does anyone out there know if it exists???
   Second question; Rogers played the wellknown so called Eckstein-version of Somewhere. But didn't PJ record another studioversion of Somewherewith his voice more in tune with i e Youve come back? Am I totally wrong here?
PS Although I am swedish I have never ever heard or read anything about Tura Johnson...

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 10th Sep, 2012 at 11:33am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Hi Peter,
That's really interesting. I suppose the tapes have been destroyed, like all the old Top Of The Pops tapes.

This is to let you all know that tonight around 9PM UK time PJ will be interviewed LIVE for ExpressFM radio by Geoff Dorsett. So y'all have a listen!

and press "Listen Live" tonight...

IP Logged

Reply #28 - 10th Sep, 2012 at 12:43pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I'm betting that "Young America Swings The World" must be out there somewhere on tape but hidden away & forgotten. The USA saved everything as money was not a problem for U.S. television back then unlike at the BBC & ITV where using the tapes more than once to save money was the norm.
   James Burton was also on this U.S. show that crammed all of those singers in.Without the adverts it only lasted 21 minutes.It was a CBS television production but was only aired in certain states. I've been searching for this show for more than 20 years.
     Ron Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 10th Sep, 2012 at 4:17pm
Jan   Ex Member

Hello everybody,

I listened to the interview this morning.
“Hold Me” and “Somewhere” are versions from “Unforgettable Show” double LP

Jan Sonesson

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print