Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
P.J. Proby Interviews (Read 64448 times)
Reply #45 - 4th Oct, 2012 at 5:49pm
KathyB.   Ex Member

Good for you Lorraine,if we all thought like you it will happen.
Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #46 - 21st Oct, 2012 at 12:29pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Tune in today!!!

Here's an update on the live interviews:

Sunday 21 October

12 noon LIVE Interview for Bridge FM Wolverhampton
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

8.15 PM LIVE Interview for Radio FM Scottish Borders with Mike McLean Vinyl Radio
Station airs from Dumbarton but has a wide radius and covers Glasgow 1st December.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

The interview with Hugh Brown has been postponed a week:

Sunday 28 October

11 AM LIVE Interview for Radio Borders just after 11 AM with Hugh Brown for the Golden Brown Show

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #47 - 8th Oct, 2014 at 5:10pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Recently the on-line magazine "Sticks" did a great interview with P.J. The interviewer is a guy called Terry Sullivan & the month was October.If you go to their site you can read it.
   They also have an on-line radio show & a few days ago Terry broadcast an interview he did with P.J a few weeks ago. It's one whole hour long & also contains 6 P.J. songs.
Site is:
    Ron

IP Logged

Reply #48 - 10th Oct, 2014 at 10:09am

Lindgren33   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love P.J. Proby!

The discussion in the Daily Post continues:

IP Logged

Reply #49 - 12th Oct, 2014 at 7:02pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

So many people love P.J.P.......some do not! Hence the discussions & opinions which usually quickly change to arguments.
   Ron  Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #50 - 23rd Jan, 2015 at 7:52pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

On Wednesday 28 January P.J. Proby will do a live interview with Russell Clarke on the Robert Elms show on BBC Radio London. This will be a very interesting interview where PJ will get to disclose some never revealed details about the pants splitting in Croydon in 1965. So make sure to tune in from 12 noon! Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

IP Logged

Reply #51 - 24th Jan, 2015 at 10:32am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Will look forward to that one, I work that day but will catch up in the evening. Thanks for the info. Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #52 - 24th Jan, 2015 at 9:03pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Yes, you can always "listen later" online!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #53 - 27th Jan, 2015 at 4:24pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The actual P.J. part of the "BBC London 94.9" show on Wed,28th Jan. will begin after the 12.30 p.m news.
  It's all connected to the 50th anniversary of P.J.'s trousers splitting on January 29th,1965 in Croydon. P.J. will include that in his chatting.
     Ron Smiley
P.S. "Listen Again" online will be around for one month.

IP Logged

Reply #54 - 28th Jan, 2015 at 7:53pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The P.J. story on BBC London 94.9 radio today was great. Add to that the chat both Robert Elms & Russell Clarke had with P.J. "live" & everything was perfect.
   P.J. even told us all that in March he'll be appearing onstage with Van Morrison. It's for a Children's Cancer Trust Charity & together they will sing "Whatever Happened To P.J.Proby". P.J. said the date was March 15th but I cannot find a venue. However Van Morrison is doing a show for the same charity on Wednesday 25th March.....guess where?? The Royal Albert Hall. WOW! if that's where P.J. joins him onstage that will be wonderful. Fingers crossed.
    Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #55 - 29th Jan, 2015 at 10:13am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Really enjoyed the chat and brief interview with P.J. He got a really good plug. Well worth listening to. And the revelation that he has been asked to duet with Van Morrison in March is brilliant. " Whatever happened to P.J. Proby" . Well Van on the 25th March you will know.

Andy Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #56 - 29th Jan, 2015 at 5:19pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

That was a great piece and a fabulous short interview, one of the guys admitted to being a big fan and wished he could have been there for one of those performances. He really needs to get a copy of the Australian DVD to show him what he missed. Well done Robert & Russell and thankyou.
George.

IP Logged

Reply #57 - 30th Jan, 2015 at 10:55am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

I'm glad you all liked the interview. Of course it's very good to hear PJ on BBC Radio London. However, we felt the interview was very disappointing. PJ spoke to Russell for three hours last week and still he didn't have his facts right! The two presenters kept giggling at the words "split pants". But the worst was that they didn't give PJ the chance they had promised him to tell the real story behind the pants splitting. About the politics that were going on in regard of wanting to replace the American with a British boy, how Gordon Mills had already bought Tom Jones a place on the tour and they only needed an excuse to throw PJ out. Tom's and PJ's minder Big Paddy watched the money change hands. Mary Whitehouse provided them with an excuse and three days after Croydon the press publicised the photo of the ripped trousers and blew the whole thing up! PJ was banned and Tom Jones took over, imitating PJs act. He had a ponytail with a big bow and very tight trousers, that showed more than PJ ever showed! Of course, later Tom became a great artist in his own right. It is very sad that the BBC didn't have the guts to let PJ tell his story. It makes you wonder what has changed in 50 years?

IP Logged

Reply #58 - 30th Jan, 2015 at 3:05pm
AnnieLean   Ex Member

No, nothing has changed in 50 years, I've yet to listen to the interview - I will of course - but I didn't expect to hear any more than I already knew.  PJ told me in February last year that he had written a song for Van and would be seeing him "soon".  He recited all the words to me and I wonder if that will be included in Van's show.

IP Logged

Reply #59 - 30th Jan, 2015 at 3:51pm
AnnieLean   Ex Member

Have now listened to all the chat, I thought it was excellent, they did make the point that the reason for the interview was for the anniversary of the 1st trouser splitting incident, so in some respects it's a good thing it's not forgotten - although we fans always feel that there's more to the man than this.  Also of course a lot of the stories on the telephone were "unrepeatable", well we know PJ and can see the logic of this!!
Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print