Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Vauxhall Holiday Park (Read 14950 times)
4th Sep, 2012 at 7:52am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

The weather forecast for next week in Norfolk is extremely good (with temperatures up to 28 degrees)! Why not treat yourself to a great Elvis week or mid-week in Great Yarmouth? Check out the website here below. And guess who the American Guest Star will be on 12 September???? Yes! P.J. Proby!
P.J. will be interviewed about Elvis and will sing a few Elvis songs. It will all be very relaxed and a great opportunity to learn more about the Proby-Elvis connection.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
prices:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 4th Sep, 2012 at 12:39pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Almost all Presley fans also like P.J. so the ones at The Vauxhall Holiday Park will be getting a fantastic bonus. I hope plenty of P.J. fans can be there too,wish I could! If I still lived in Brum I'd bomb over to Norfolk but living in Belgium makes it a bit more difficult to attend the show.
   Hope to hear some news about how it all went here on the Fan Forum.
       Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 6th Sep, 2012 at 2:05pm
Annie   Ex Member

I used to go to the Elvis week every year, from when it was held at Pontins in Hemsby and run by the fan club.  I had to call a halt when I could no longer drive the long distances - age does creep up.  This should be brilliant - I'm already away that week so coouldn't make it any way. Cry

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 10th Sep, 2012 at 12:50pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Any P.J. fan that goes to this "happening" please let us know how it was. Of course we're all also looking forward to Manja's official report.
      Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 12th Sep, 2012 at 10:20am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I thought P.J. would be onstage in the evening.I've since learnt that it's 3 in the afternoon. So anyone planning on going just to see P.J. please start out on your journey much earlier.
     Ron

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 12th Sep, 2012 at 7:16pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I wonder if Manja captured this afternoon's magic P.J./El moment on film? Love to see it on a DVD.
        Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 13th Sep, 2012 at 12:12pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Any forum members attend? I so wish I could have been there. Some fans are not keen on the P.J./Elvis connection.I actually love it!
      Ron Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 13th Sep, 2012 at 9:45pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Hi Ron,
Yesterday was absolutely great. PJ was on stage for almost two hours and the interviewer Mark Monaghan did a great job. It was all very relaxed and very interesting. PJ ended with five Elvis songs... All the Elvis fans loved it! They were a great crowd. Sadly I missed the first 10 minutes as the merchandise table was so crowded. So no DVD, I'm sorry.
However, hopefully PJ will come back next year, so don't postpone your bookings till the last minute!
Manja

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 14th Sep, 2012 at 10:33am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Pity you missed the first 10' Manja but if P.J.'s merchandising table was doing great business then that's real good news.
   I know many Elvis fans....I was (& still am) a huge Elvis fan before P.J. came on the scene & took over as my fave.A huge procent of El admirers are also fans of P.J. & I can see why. Journalist Dylan Jones once said "P.J. instead of Elvis went to Britain & to most people he was as good if not better than the King"
    I agree!
           Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 15th Sep, 2012 at 10:47am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hope a few of the "60's Gold" concerts get officially filmed by the promotors Mark Howes & Robert Pratt. I'd love to have the whole event on DVD from start to finish. Slowly the Legends are leaving the building but a DVD lasts forever.
   This is not meant to sound negative by the way.On a miserable Winter's day with nothing much to do,a look at a "60's Gold" show DVD once more would really boost the day!....especially P.J.'s spot!
            Ron Grin

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 19th Sep, 2012 at 8:04am

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

"troostprijs" ( consolation prize )

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 20th Sep, 2012 at 10:57am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Haven't had time to listen to the whole interview yet but what I've heard is great! Many thanks Probyan!!
   I have to say one thing: apart from a handful of Elvis movie songs I myself think the hundred's of other songs are fantastic.El did 32 films & every album from every film was a million seller containing beauties.For example "Fun In Acapulco" & "Slowly But Surely".
   I sincerely wish a few more P.J. demo's from Elvis movies would re-surface.
           Ron Wink

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 20th Sep, 2012 at 11:01am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

By the way is this interview the whole 2 hours of P.J. at the Vauxhall Holiday Park? With songs?
      If so I'll be settling down to listen to the complete session as soon as the weather outside turns bad.At the moment I do not have two hours of spare time as the garden has many tasks for me & the sun is out!
        Ron Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 2nd Apr, 2018 at 10:39am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Mentioned on FB a few days ago by Manja....In March 2019 P.J. will be doing a one hour show at the Vauxhall Holiday Park in the Great Yarmouth area.
  This info has not been put on here so I thought I would pass on this news to you all. Of course it's almost a year away so booking etc. is nowhere near possible yet. But it's good & important future info for all P.J. fans to have.
   Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 2nd Apr, 2018 at 4:17pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Thanks Ron, hope to go, had a quick look on their website and the accomadation looks good, was put off last time when P J was at Mill Rythe, our chalet was awful and we came home after one night with no sleep due to paper thin walls and dirty accomadation, but we saw the main man!
Nice to have some shows in the pipeline. Looking forward to Worcester, Gateshead, Southend, and Southampton. Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print