Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
P.J.'s 70th B'day Aussie Radio Show Coast FM 96.3 (Read 10217 times)
14th Dec, 2012 at 5:33pm
Probyfan   Ex Member

I'm sorry to mention this sad news just before the festive season.
Those who listened to the Coast FM 96.3 P. J. Proby 70th Birthday radio special broadcast live from Australia on P.J.'s 70th birthday will be saddened to hear that the host DJ Mark Muller is gravely ill in Sydney's Royal North Shore Hospital with inoperable brain cancer.
Please spare a thought & prayer for Mark & his family.
Sincerely,
Tony Cry

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 14th Dec, 2012 at 7:00pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Poor Mark....doesn't look like he'll recover. I hope & pray that when he leaves the building he'll be surrounded by his loving family & that he goes in a peaceful & pain free manner.
    Any DJ that plays PJ is special. Mark is in my thoughts & I'll send a prayer his way.
    Ron

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 14th Dec, 2012 at 7:38pm
Barry   Ex Member

Sorry to hear such sad news about someone that obviously appreciates a singer when he hears one. You will be in our thoughts Mark. Keep fighting.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 16th Dec, 2012 at 3:44pm
Probyfan   Ex Member

Sadly, Mark passed away 16thDecember2012.
He celebrated his 60th birthday last January before falling ill early in February.
I first met Mark when P.J.Proby The EMI Years cd was released & I purchased enough copies to donate to my local radio stations & request they give airplay. Mark Muller was one of those people who ooze enthusiasm & he loved dolng The Babyboomers P.J. Proby 70th Birthday Show to which he devoted the entire 2 hour show.
We decided to include some tracks which had not previously received airplay in Australia to highlight P.J.'s versatility & I thought Mark's interview with P.J. was different from most others & I particularly loved P.J. taking off John Lennon's voice. Really funny stuff.
Whilst it may not have been everybody's cup of tea it was our tribute to P.J. Proby on his milestone birthday & it could not have happened without the infectious enthusiasm of Mark Muller with support from Manja & P.J. himself.
I will reinstate the P.J.'s 70th Birthday page on the Aussie site as soon as I can. It had to be taken down due to computer problems at the time.
Rest in peace Mark, I will never forget your efforts to make P.J.'s 70th birhday an event to remember.
Tony

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 24th Dec, 2012 at 11:56am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

R.I.P. Mark Muller. 60 years of age is way too young to leave the building!
   He was a DJ for PJ.
         Ron Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print