PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
jimmyproby (Read 18383 times)
10th May, 2013 at 3:08pm

rockinjac   Offline
Keep on Rockin P.J. Proby!
Staffordshire

Hi all, just to confirm "jimmyproby" channel on Youtube has been terminated by Youtube over a copyright infringement claim by "Lisa" "about a photo on ebay" apparently it was on the "YOU'VE GOT IT ALL" video, we don't even know which photo it is, and all our pictures are our own or sourced from the internet, having said that i can't believe someone who put a photo on ebay wouldn't expect it to appear somewhere on the internet ! I have given up my share in "jfstillrockin" channel so this will be the new "jimmyproby" channel, jimmyp has asked me to thank all the genuine PJ fans that have helped and supported her over the years on Youtube and all the kind messages and comments that have kept her going......jack

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11th May, 2013 at 7:16am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

This is really outrageous! Who does Lisa think she is? Was she at the wedding of P.J. Proby and Dulcie and does she claim to have taken these photos???
P.J. Proby doesn't mind them being on YouTube. Or on eBay for that matter. A person like Lisa has no business being on our Forum and we will ban her straight away!
Thank you Jimmy Proby for all the good work you have done. Does this mean all the jimmyproby videos have now disappeared from YouTube? This is a deep scandal.
Thanks Jack, for trying to safe the day. If there's anything we can do in regard of YouTube, please let me know, will you?
This all goes to show that Lisa, Miles and Brad c.s. are no Proby fans and only out there for there own profit!

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11th May, 2013 at 9:22am

Lindgren33   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love P.J. Proby!

Certainly outrageous! Yes, all "jimmyproby-songs" are gone!
   I don't believe for one minute that "Lisa" has the copyright for the photo, so has YT really deleted the whole jimmyproby-channel just because "Lisa" said so??!!
   The termination means that a lot of PJP-songs are withheld from the Youtube-visitors. This is totally unacceptable! So what do we do now to let people all over the world gain access to all these great songs?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 11th May, 2013 at 9:38am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Yes and if you see Beargroves comments on his forum you will see why so many people left his forum in the first place. If P.J.Proby himself is happy with the pictures then I really cannot see what the problem is.

Andy Angry

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 11th May, 2013 at 10:26am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

I suppose certain people are copyright mad!! LOL! Once a pic is on any web site on any computer in any land it's available I guess to be shared with anyone in the Universe.I put lots of P.J. pics on lots of web sites.It's publicity for our Legend!! Any unsuitable photos or very personal ones never go near my computer! LOL!
   Ron
P.S.  I say Universe because maybe out there there's a parallel Earth & possibly other planets who need to know about P.J.Proby. Cheesy...E.T.phone home about P.J.P!

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 11th May, 2013 at 1:27pm

rockinjac   Offline
Staffordshire

Thanks all for your comments, fortunately most jimmyproby's videos have copies for back up and she has all PJ's originals we are working at reuploading all the videos on to the "jfstillrockin" channel, a big job but we have the love of PJ's music, so it will be our pleasure. We believe like most people that photos and music are for sharing, jimmyproby has shared her complete PJ collection with all PJ's fans and can't believe how petty some people can be. Thanks again, PJ Forever !.....jack

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 12th May, 2013 at 11:34am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Thank you so much for all your good work Rockinjac and Jimmyproby! I'm glad you'll be able to restore most of the footage. Still I'm very upset about this action of Lisa. How can it be that YouTube listen to anyone claiming copyright? Any fruitcake could say he owns copyright. Surely Lisa didn't take these wedding photos herself!? She may not even have been born then. It's really a terrible thing that such a thing can happen and damage all the Proby publicity. Could you maybe send me a private email (info@dutchbrand.co.uk) with details about this YouTube dispute? I would like to contact YouTube on behalf of P.J. Proby. I would like to be informed of all the details and the nature of the copyright claim. It's very likely that PJ has paid for his wedding photos and is entitled to use them whenever he wants to!
Thanks in advance,
Manja

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 12th May, 2013 at 1:24pm

rockinjac   Offline
Staffordshire

Thanks Manja for your support, there was no dispute as such, Youtube just terminated "jimmyproby's" channel without notice ! and said it was because of a copyright infringement claim from Lisa Morton. We don't even know which photo/photos are involved only that they are obviously of PJ.and the other unfair annoying thing is if we counterclaim or dispute this, all "jimmyproby's" personal and private details will be disclosed to her, so our hands are tied in this totally unfair situation.If you ask me It's Lisa that's infringined copyrights not "jimmyproby". Thanks again for your support, keep on Rockin PJ.....jack.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 13th May, 2013 at 11:01am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The pics in question were of P.J. items offered for sale on e-bay by Lisa & Miles recently.Plenty of my photos,drawings etc. are used on YouTube & I do not mind,no permission from me needed.Other people do mind I suppose if permission has not been asked.As I said....once something like an unusual photo is shown on any web site it's more than likely people will copy it,I do LOL. It's human nature I suppose.
    Ron

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 20th Jun, 2013 at 5:17pm

rockinjac   Offline
Staffordshire

Hi all, just to clarify re' "jimmyproby's deleted channel", apparently how it works is if you get three copywright strikes against you you're gone ! jimmyp had some Connie Francis tracks on her channel for some years, then one day out of the blue it was decided all Connie Francis recordings on Youtube were copywrighted and although she took the tracks off they still gave her two srtikes ! "these strikes stay on your channel for six months" so then she had the "Lisa Morton" copywright claim which made it three strikes and automatic channel deletion ! strangely there are still lots of Connie Francis video's on Youtube. Most artists are in favour of Youtube, it's the big "hard done by" record companies etc that do all the griping, so there you go like 100's of others on Youtube "jimmyproby" is not the big copywright criminal as some would like to think....jack

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 21st Jun, 2013 at 10:39am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The more people on YouTube posting songs by the great P.J.Proby the better.I know a few people leave anti P.J. comments but BLX to them! LOL!
   Anyone working for the good of P.J. & all other singers/groups on YouTube gets my blessing & all us fans appreciate your hard work.
    Ron Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 26th Jun, 2013 at 9:46am
Barry   Ex Member

Here, here.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 27th Jun, 2013 at 6:03pm

rockinjac   Offline
Staffordshire

Hi all, woke up this morning to find out that two of my Youtube uploads had been deleted, the tracks Rod Stewart from 70's TV clips, it seems that "Reelin' in the years productions" are now cracking down, so anyone with TV clips on Youtube Beware ! Looks like i'll be next for the chop lol !....jack

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 27th Jun, 2013 at 11:35pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

I had that once, when I posted Ling Ting Tong. Some TV stations claim copyright and you have to be careful or YouTube shuts you down...

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 28th Jan, 2014 at 12:51am

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Some other interesting uploads of PJ recordings on YouTube by jimmyproby.
"You'll Never Walk Alone" - never released on vinyl or CD.
"My Elusive Dream" - never released on CD.
Both of these are brilliant live recordings. Maybe PJ will release new recordings of these one day?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print