Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
2014, a show not to be missed!!! (Read 69799 times)
Reply #75 - 9th Apr, 2014 at 5:55pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Hi Dave that is a great idea, I believe it is only 10 mins away. I am sure we will see you around in the hotel. Cheesyl

IP Logged

Reply #76 - 9th Apr, 2014 at 9:52pm

Elaine   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Dave - slight change of plan for me. I'll be arriving at the Hilton on Friday instead of Thursday and should be there about 3ish. Looking forward to meeting up with you all.

Elaine

IP Logged

Reply #77 - 13th Apr, 2014 at 9:05pm

PaulineGrainger   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

What a fantastic show, sang some wonderful songs and sang to the Labradors. You can tell he really loves dogs.
Had a great weekend meeting up with the fans and meeting quite a few that I have never met before. Would be great if he could do this show annually, we can only hope.
Pauline

IP Logged

Reply #78 - 13th Apr, 2014 at 10:36pm
JamesRobertson   Ex Member

As a Newbie I was pleased for PJ and the audience that it all went well. It shows what a pro he is, because with all the build up, and fans turning up, that has to be pressure.
I am over joyed he loves his dogs, as they are my thought as well. 'What would we do without them'
They must have been put on Earth specially to cheer us up, and keep us company. No other animal can compare. My wife told me tonight about a dog in Brazil who waited 8 week outsidean hospital for his master.
Now that is true love.
So it s great PJ has done this concert for the Labradors. He should feel really good about that, and it makes life worthwhile. Well done PJ. YOUR EVEN A BIGGER STAR NOW.
Thanks for your report  Pauline, your a true fan.

IP Logged

Reply #79 - 14th Apr, 2014 at 3:00pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

What a show it was!!! Even the labradors attending the show barked with enthusiasm & some raced to the stage to lick the face of their idol Mr. P.J.Proby.
   About 20 of us met up a few hours before the show for a chat, meal & of course some "liquid refreshment". Arranged by David Harwood,thanks! It was really enjoyable!
   I met fans who I hadn't seen for years & some for the very first time personally,mostly ladies! LOL! Lubbly Jubbly!!
  Young Ellie Dibben opened the show & sang 5 or 6 lovely songs. Her tight mini skirt certainly made her stand-out onstage! At about 9-o-clock P.J. came on & gave a brilliant exceptionally long, perfect show.It was hot onstage for him but he gave it everything as usual & got the standing ovation he certainly deserved at the end of the evening. Plenty of cash was raised for the charity. The whole evening was filmed & there's a great chance that very soon a DVD will be available to buy. I hung around after the show & got to meet The Man himself in his dressing room. We had a great interesting talk & a lovely pic taken of the two of us "Together". Special thanks to Manja & Johnny plus of course Susanne & Kathy for all the hard work they did.
    It was an absolutely fabulous evening,one to never,ever forget!!
     RON  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #80 - 14th Apr, 2014 at 4:36pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Cheers Ron, Like you said, it was an absolutely fabulous evening and one I will never forget!
PJ was incredible. On the stage for over 2 hours and singing over 30 songs including special birthday dedications to super fans Susanne Persson and Marion Proby Child.† For Susanne he sang "Susie Q" and for Marion he sang "Somewhere". They certainly wont forget this occasion. He also dedicated "Forever My Darling" to his Labrador friends. There are some great photos already on PJ's Facebook forum where two labradors joined him at the front of the stage.
I do think PJ really enjoyed this occasion. The Charity did very well and the audience loved it. Pauline has said it would be great if the show could be done annually. I do hope so.
Thank you to those who joined us at the "Treetops" It was so nice to meet up with so many other fans before the show.
Best wishes
Dave Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #81 - 14th Apr, 2014 at 4:41pm

Bridgetc   Offline
P J Proby is the best
vocalist
hertfordshire

It was a wonderful evening,with "Hold me,
Together,Somewhere, I apologise, and Maria all included.I doubt many performers could sing as well as this 50 years after first performing their songs.PJ really held the audience all night.
There were loads of other great songs and little talks in between.Special thanks for including Louisiana Man, I ain't gonna kiss ya, The Masquerade is over, and Secret Love.
Then came the performance of Forever my darling which was extra special.His voice was amazing, worth waiting years to watch him sing to the dogs.I know I'm soft. Bridget.

IP Logged

Reply #82 - 14th Apr, 2014 at 6:13pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Every song he did was fantastic but I have to say that IF I had to choose a favourite then "Angelica" would be very close to being my number 1.
    I didn't realise he was onstage for 2 hours....incroyable!
          Ron Cool

IP Logged

Reply #83 - 14th Apr, 2014 at 6:51pm
JamesRobertson   Ex Member

Sounds as if it was a night to remember, as many have said, and singing for over two hours when he is no longer a teenager is incredible. So that takes a pretty special love for what he does. You cant get more genuine than that.
And all for the sake of the Bow Wows which is marvellous. Those animals dont realise all the work and organisation that must have gone into producing the show, and its smashing to know all his fans enjoyed it as well.
Ron must have been in seventh heaven going back stage for a chat. so well done Ron I dont know how PJ did all that, as I would have been too tired to chat after alll that work on stage.
OK he has not ended up in the same way he may have done, but when you can do a show like that, and for our doggie friends, I am sure Elvis himself would have been happy to do it. But none of us get everything in life, and at least PJ can say he has had a very full life, with more to come. What would Elvis have sooner had. Another 40 years Or a short life with all the fame and glory. I know what most of us would choose.-- Who's a lucky boy then?--Very nice to see a great personality still able to entertain and hold an audience, and someone should try and contact those who organise the Royal C Performance and take a chance as it would be a big thing for PJ  and for many who will still remember some of his hits. They can only say no at the worst.

IP Logged

Reply #84 - 14th Apr, 2014 at 11:28pm

Elaine   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

What a wonderful evening! It was lovely to meet up with everyone at Tree Tops for a meal and drink before the show - thanks Dave. I was pleased to meet Ron (at last) after being in contact with him for quite a few years. The whole show was amazing with PJ singing some of my favourite songs - Somewhere, Angelica, Louisiana Man, American Trilogy. I hope PJ does another show like this as it's for such a good cause and it's great to see him in his own show. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it because Peter fell down the stairs and broke his ankle so is unable to do much and he was going to look after my Dad (who's 90) while I was away, but our boys stepped in to help out and I was able to stay for the one night. I'm just so glad I didn't have to miss it!!

Elaine

IP Logged

Reply #85 - 15th Apr, 2014 at 12:32am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Still on cloud nine, it was a fantastic evening meeting up with those who came to "the treetops" and then on to that fantastic show, a first class band but they were much too fast for P j who barely had time to catch his breath and see what was the next song!
Although I will always love Somewhere,  Angelica is my favourite song when sung by P.J.
Hope another show can be arranged in a similar way even if it is in a different venue. Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #86 - 15th Apr, 2014 at 3:11pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

P.J. gave a marathon performance! He was on stage for 2 hours and 10 minutes and he did the following 31 songs!

01      Price of Love
02       Letís Have A Party
03       Together                  
04       Iím Coming Back                  
05      Mission Bell 
06       Questions            
07       The Masquerade Is Over            
08      The Night Has A Thousand Eyes   
09      Yes Itís Me and Iím In Love Again      
10      Maria                     
11      Susie Q                  
12       Niki Hoeky
13       Secret Love            
14      Lonely Weekends            
15      Three Steps To Heaven               
16      Lawdy Miss Clawdy            
17       I Apologise            
18       Angelica                  
19      Forever My Darlings  (for the furry friends)       
20       I Will                                          
21        If I Can Dream                        
22       I Was The One                         
23       Love Me             
24      Donít Leave Me Now            
25       Mess O The Blues                        
26      Louisiana Man               
27      Stagger Lee      
28       Somewhere                        
29       Ainít Gonna Kiss Ya      
30      American Trilogy            
31      Hold Me

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #87 - 15th Apr, 2014 at 8:26pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

One word for P.J.'s performance: AMAZING!!!
         Ron Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #88 - 15th Apr, 2014 at 11:47pm

Diana   Ex Member
I Love P.J. Proby!

There is no other singer of his generation who could have delivered such a quality performance. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.†

IP Logged

Reply #89 - 16th Apr, 2014 at 9:25pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Wow, that sounds like one hell of a night you all had. I wish I could have been there meeting up together having a good time and then seeing PJ put on a show like that.  31 songs and more than two hours. The man seems to be getting younger as we get older LOL. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print