Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
new P.J. Proby footage available!! (Read 20300 times)
Reply #15 - 21st Nov, 2014 at 5:55pm

rockinjac   Offline
Keep on Rockin P.J. Proby!
Staffordshire

Hi all, received our DVD today just watched PJ. WOW! I'm over the moon and "jimmyproby" is on cloud nine! spectacular performance of YOU'VE COME BACK apart from the ballads PJ. did some great R & R numbers, and a good interview with Brian Henderson.
PS. DVD worked fine in my Laptop!

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 21st Nov, 2014 at 7:19pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Great that Aussie TV decided to keep all these "Bandstand"  shows in their archives.
  I wish that the Beeb & ITV had kept more old pop footage.They kept some but most tapes were wiped in the late 50's & early 60's so they could be re-used.
   P.J. also did some USA pop shows not yet seen such as "American Bandstand" & "Hollywood a Go Go". Hopefully one day they will be discovered.
     My DVD arrived yesterday. Will be viewing it tomorrow. Smiley
          Ron

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 22nd Nov, 2014 at 10:41am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Ron, I really don't understand how you could wait two days before watching the DVD! I watched it straight away when we came home at 5AM. It's an absolute must for every Proby fan, as there is hardly any footage left from the sixties and most doesn't last longer than a few minutes. This really gives a great impression of a Proby performance, complete with knee slides and even a somersault!
It's absolutely amazing! What a unique find.
By the way, the footage is not from a performance for Bandstand, but it's the Melbourne Festival concert, which PJ headlined, with other performances from Eden Kane, Dinah Lee and Wayne Fontana.
You could order your copy here:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #18 - 23rd Nov, 2014 at 4:59pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Glad you're all enjoying the DVD. I agree with you rockinjac YOU'VE COME BACK is not a track I've played often but I thought he did it better than the actual recording. I said I didn't want to spoil it for you all but doing that somersault and carrying on singing at the same time?. It's safe to say nobody else ever did a performance like PJ and It's obvious why he had  a bit of trouble with the velvet trousers! Grin

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 8:40pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Best & most interesting 1960's footage I've ever seen of P.J.    Wonderful.....what a performance he gave. He was/is The Superman of Pop Music. Sooooo unique & special.
   Magical triple DVD set with P.J. the absolute STAR!
       Ron Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 9:00pm
JenniferMitchell   Ex Member

Just ordered my copy but Shush my hubby's bought it for Christmas for me but doesn't know yet. Lol. Can't wait to see it.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 24th Nov, 2014 at 9:53pm
Jan   Ex Member

Hello everybody ,

Its a shame that we have to wait almost 50 years for treasures like this.
P.J. was absolutely fantastic , what a showman and what a voice.
Eden Kane and Wayne Fontana looked like shoolboys  comparing to the King himself.

P.J. is singing hysterical R&R and Soul numbers to the meaty ballades of his own.
Who else could do that kind of voice acrobatic and voice changeing ?
My favorite of the show is the Soul ballad  A Change Is Gonna Come  !

Im saying  just like  Rockinjac and Andy Cole  : 
Im on cloud nine ,  Absolutely bloody marvellous !

Jan Sonesson
Sweden

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 25th Nov, 2014 at 11:34am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I did have the pa

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 25th Nov, 2014 at 11:45am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I'll start again....LOL  Grin. I did have the patience to wait two days before watching this great DVD of P.J. I waited until Linda had gone shopping & I was home alone with no interuptions from anything or anyone.
  I've only watched the 3rd disc so far but I will eventually watch the other two that contain Peter,Paul & Mary,Normie Rowe,Nino Temple & April Stevens,etc.
   The footage of Eden Kane,Wayne Fontana & Dinah Lee is brilliant but that of P.J. is out of this world!
   I've told Dinah about the DVD, I bet she never knew either that their "live" Melbourne Festival Hall footage was still around.
   With postage included from Oz it comes to about 25 quid.....that's for almost 11 hours of songs. I'd have willingly paid triple that just for P.J.'s 8 songs & interview. It's that good!
    Ron Cool

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 25th Nov, 2014 at 1:50pm

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

Tongue Received my DVD's today, nobody mention it, but they are "REGION FREE" so you can play it all around the world.
An other have to have DVD, fantastic. Tongue

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Reply #25 - 26th Nov, 2014 at 6:04pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Yup! it plays perfectly on my standard DVD player.
     I already knew the fact that P.J. is the most dynamic singer ever but whoever had any doubts just has to watch this Australian "live" onstage footage from '66. England won the World Cup in 1966......P.J. won the World later in the same year!
    Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 30th Nov, 2014 at 11:41am

Bridgetc   Offline
P J Proby is the best
vocalist
hertfordshire

Ordered mine yesterday,can't wait for it to arrive.Bridget

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 30th Nov, 2014 at 1:54pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

One of P.J.'s supporting acts on the 1966 Australian tour was Dinah Lee. She still looks amazing & just like P.J. is still touring & also making new CD's. Dinah contacted me for details of the DVD & has now ordered it.
   Ron Wink

IP Logged

Reply #28 - 30th Nov, 2014 at 4:07pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Mine arrived yesterday just when I got back from Crawley! and I had to wait till today. Just have one word FANTASTIC💝 I was reduced to tears I have really not seen anything like it since the early days, it just reinforces what we all know he was and is the best🏆

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 1st Dec, 2014 at 3:12pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

On one or two of those 1966 Aussie/N.Z. tour dates that starred P.J. an unknown group were firmly at the BOB (bottom of bill).
  Yup! you've guessed it.....The Bee Gees. They went on to become massive world stars.
      Ron Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print