Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
new P.J. Proby footage available!! (Read 20683 times)
11th Nov, 2014 at 11:55am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Great news! New P.J. Proby footage from 1966!!!!
P.J. Proby's live performance in Melbourne, Australia in 1966 has been released on DVD, together with an interview! It's available from Australia: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

The DVD contains an interview with PJ and eight songs!

LAND OF A 1000 DANCES
MARIA
SATISFACTION
A CHANGE IS GONNA COME
FEEL IT (listed as Don't)
YOU'VE COME BACK
HOLD ME
SOMEWHERE

So everybody order your copy now!

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11th Nov, 2014 at 6:23pm

Lindgren33   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love P.J. Proby!

Really great news! I have just ordered my copy, at a total cost of 43 Aussie dollars, for delivery to Sweden. Three songs I havent heard before plus live in 1966 ( in television ?) - what a bargain! Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11th Nov, 2014 at 6:42pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Yes, fantastic news. I have ordered my copy. I think there are four songs on this DVD that I have not heard PJ sing before. I have just listened to Sam Cook's recording of "A Change is Gonna Come". What a great song, perfect for the Proby voice. Can't wait to see PJ singing this and the others on this DVD.
Dave Cool

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 12th Nov, 2014 at 1:07pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Great news....my order is in. Have to admit that I'd never even heard of an Aussie TV show called "Bandstand". I'm amazed they still have the footage. I guessed that all old Australian pop shows made before about 1967 were just wiped as were lots of things on British TV.
   I'm still searching for lots of other old clips of P.J. mainly from America like "American Bandstand","Hollywood a Go Go" & "Where The Action Is". They must be around but still to be discovered!
     Ron Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 12th Nov, 2014 at 1:10pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

"Bandstand" featuring P.J. is on Volume 8. They are also advertising P.J. being on Volume 9 but it didn't look right so I e-mailed the ABC company & they said that it's a print fault on their web site which they will immediately correct & P.J. is just on Volume 8.
    Ron Wink

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 12th Nov, 2014 at 9:57pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Great news DutchBrand. I've just ordered my copy, and also today I received a 45 from Australia I spotted on e-bay.  Stagger Lee/Mission Bell. It plays perfect and the label is different from the british releases so this has been a good day for me.  It got me wandering what sort of chart success  PJ had down under?.
  George Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 13th Nov, 2014 at 2:08am

rockinjac   Offline
Keep on Rockin P.J. Proby!
Staffordshire

Just about to order then noticed Region 4 DVD, don't have multi region DVD player, but may work in computer ?

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 13th Nov, 2014 at 9:46am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Yes this is really great news and I have also ordered my copy. Hope to goodness that my DVD player will play this or I will be a bit choked. Don't wont to be just staring at the cover.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Undecided

Andy Cole

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 13th Nov, 2014 at 7:28pm

Lindgren33   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love P.J. Proby!

rockinjac & andy,

It  certainly should be working on a computer. The very best player, according to many PC-magazines, is the free VLC-player, just to download. It shows close to everything! Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
   A second option:  Here in Sweden Samsung sells a splendid dvd-player, to connect to any computer via USB, for 30 euros.
    So you can certainly enjoy this aussie-show, which, I know for sure, must be great!
Peter

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 14th Nov, 2014 at 12:10am

rockinjac   Offline
Keep on Rockin P.J. Proby!
Staffordshire

Yeah! got to be worth a try placed our order !

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 14th Nov, 2014 at 11:44am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hope my old computer will play the DVD for me. Also maybe my proper DVD player will accept it. Final straw will be a small DVD player I have that you can easily carry around with you. Fingers crossed that one of the three options will work.
   Ron Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 19th Nov, 2014 at 7:41pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

My DVD arrived today, nobody else has mentioned it so I'm wondering if I am the first?.  I won't spoil it for anybody but it's fantastic, the picture quality is perfect (black & white obviously), and PJ? I can't say too much but now I remember just why he blew our minds and we are all still in love with the guy and his talents. I'd love to be there when PJ sees it,  he really must! I think it will bring a smile to his face and think did I really do all that? I hope you all get your copy soon and   tell us your comments. There are three discs and PJ is on the third one. Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 20th Nov, 2014 at 8:10pm

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Everyone,   Yes I received my DVD today and will watch all of it in due course. But I did watch P.J. on Disc 3.   Absolutely bloody marvellous. Never seen this footage before and every P.J. fan this is an absolute must.
The best find for years. Smiley

Andy.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 21st Nov, 2014 at 8:48am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Have ordered mine now after hearing all these good reviews!💿📀💽🎤

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 21st Nov, 2014 at 12:02pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

New you'd like it Andy. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to put that footage on DVD, well thankyou a thousand times you are my hero. I can't wait 'till everybody gets their copy to here what they think.
George. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print