Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Van Morrison Royal Albert Hall (Read 16564 times)
28th Jan, 2015 at 10:01pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

PJ will be a very special guest on Van Morrison's show for the Teenage Cancer Trust in the Royal Albert Hall on 25th March. They will duet a song together. It will be a very special event, so be sure to get your tickets!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 29th Jan, 2015 at 4:50pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

I would love to be there for this special event.
Hope there will be time for PJ to do more than one duet.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 29th Jan, 2015 at 7:49pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

PJ will only do one duet! There are more very special guests joining Van Morrison's show, so you won't be disappointed....

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 30th Jan, 2015 at 4:10pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

I tried to book for this show today and was surprised to find the cheapest tickets were 28 (standing only) and the cheapest seats were 53.50 !! Shocked
We would love to go, even if, just see PJ singing with Van the Man but it will be an expensive trip for just one duet. Undecided
Dave

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 31st Jan, 2015 at 11:03am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

It's so funny I was only saying last Sunday that I would never go and see Van Morrison again as I went a couple of years ago and he was almost carried up the stage stairs by two heavies and then he sang his songs and then taken off again and never said one word to the audience not even hello or goodbye. Would really love to see P J again because it,s been two months. Dilemma!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 31st Jan, 2015 at 12:00pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

They'll duet on the song "Whatever Happened To P.J.Proby".That was told to us by P.J. on his radio interview on the BBC London 94.9. last Wednesday. Still time to "listen again" on their site.It was the "Robert Elms Show".
         Ron
Tickets start at 28 (standing) & go up to 155.50 for the Royal Albert Hall Children's Cancer Charity show that Van Morrison is doing. Date is Wed. 28th March.  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 1st Feb, 2015 at 7:31am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Marilyn, Van Morrison will have more very special guests on his show, I'm sure you won't be disappointed! Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 1st Feb, 2015 at 12:25pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

SORRY! Got me bloomin' date of the show mixed up with the price of a ticket. As previously posted correctly on here by DutchBrand the date is 25th March. The cheapest ticket is 28 pounds.
   Ron  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 4th Feb, 2015 at 10:51am

AnnieLean   Ex Member
I Love P.J. Proby!

The Van Morrison Story "Too Late to Stop Now" is currently running on Radio 2 on Thursday nights at 10 p.m.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 20th Feb, 2015 at 6:54pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The studio duet recording of "Whatever Happened To P.J.Proby" by Van Morrison & P.J. was done in January 2014.
  This will be track no.5 on V.M's "Duet" CD album containing 16 great songs. I think one of the duets is V.M. with his own daughter.Out towards the end of March on the RCA label.
    Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 22nd Mar, 2015 at 9:33am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

A few more days to go & Van Morrison will bring his special guest onstage at The Royal Albert Hall. The one & only P.J.Proby. Is it certain now that some of the fans on here will be attending? A few did say they were possibly going & had enquired about ticket prices & availability etc. but I don't remember anyone saying: "I'll definitely be there".
   Will there be? .....& if so have a wonderful time & please let us know how things went.
  Ron Cool

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 24th Mar, 2015 at 9:20am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Sorry Ron I can't get the day off work I would love to be there to see P J ( wouldn't go next door to see Van Morrison,) he really doesn't acknowledge the audience at all might as well stay at home and put on a c.d.But it is great for publicity for P J (the real performer). Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 24th Mar, 2015 at 9:50am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Well, I would suggest that anybody who hasn't got a ticket yet gets one now! You will not regret it. Rehearsals went great yesterday. Van and the band are the best musicians I've ever seen! And don't forget there will be more surprise guests coming!

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 31st Mar, 2015 at 11:41am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Still love to hear please from any fan who attended this magnificent show. The only one I know who had a seat was Diana Davy.
Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 3rd Apr, 2015 at 6:39pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Great to hear that P.J. featured on three songs with Van Morrison at the Royal Albert Hall Charity gig.
  Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print