Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
duet with cliff richard (Read 10951 times)
15th Feb, 2015 at 7:12pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

what was the song pj had with cliff Richard in  approx. 1995

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 15th Feb, 2015 at 7:19pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

That's a question I'd love to see answered. At the time the whole Palladium show was filmed & I thought we would see everything. Problem was that the video/DVD never got released so it's still not known what the song was. Glad to say there are lovely photos of Sir Cliff & Lord Jim duetting.
  Ron  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 16th Feb, 2015 at 2:00am

rockinjac   Offline
Keep on Rockin P.J. Proby!
Staffordshire

Yeah! shame the footage has not emerged, there's a pic of Cliff & PJ on jimmyproby's video We'll Meet Again, plus some other well known celebs. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 16th Feb, 2015 at 1:38pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

thanks for the reply ron re (cliff / pj duet) I never knew the show was filmed would love to think it was still available somewhere just cant get enough of pj               

billy

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 17th Feb, 2015 at 3:36pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The Palladium show was a charity "do" in aid of Roy Castle, who had not long previously died of cancer. Lung cancer I believe & he'd never smoked a f*g in his whole life. He got the Big C from all the smokey clubs he'd played in during his long career. I believe his wife helped get the show organised along with producer John Hamp.
  Any of the P.J. fans on here or FB attend this show?? If so can you remember the song or songs by Sir Cliff & Lord Jim?
   Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 18th Feb, 2015 at 8:40pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Stars of the 1995 show: Cliff Richard - Jimmy Tarbuck - Joe Brown - P.J.Proby - Mike McGear (Paul McCartneys Brother, Union Gap) & many more.....

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 19th Feb, 2015 at 11:32am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Plenty of pics taken of the top list of artistes onstage but no video/DVD of the whole 1995 Palladium charity show.I was disappointed it never came out as it would have sold very well & made some great bonus cash for the cancer charity that Mrs Roy Castle was/is running.
   So much footage of P.J. that we'd all love to view but is still not on public release.But never say never!  Grin
  Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 19th Feb, 2015 at 11:35am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

In a previous posting here I wrote the word f*g (meaning cigarette) & it was censored by putting a star in place of the middle A!
    Ron
P.S. It's probably happened again here!  Tongue

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 19th Feb, 2015 at 11:37am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

f*g f*g f*g...3 more stars instead of the letter A !! LOL! f*g is a cigarette guys, NOT a homosexual as in faggott!
         Ron Grin Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 2nd Jul, 2016 at 1:45pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The official photos of P.J. onstage at The Palladium back in 1995 plus the pics of him & Sir Cliff duetting on the same night are now my copyright. The official photographer sold them to me I'm happy to say.
  He also sold me the opening night photos of P.J. as Elvis in 1996 in London's West End.
   Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 4th Jul, 2016 at 8:58pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

well done ron pleased the photos are now yours hope we get a viewing of them sometime        billy  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 8th Jul, 2016 at 3:24pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

They duet pics are mostly all around anyway Billy on the computer so I won't be on the sue attack! LOL! On the rockinjac video you can see P.J. & Cliff after 1 minute 50 seconds pictured "together" at the Palladium.
   Ron Wink

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 9th Jul, 2016 at 5:29pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

thanks Ron and yeah I have seen some of the pics / Ron my lovely wife Margaret tell's me that on FB you asked what the English translation of PER QUESTO VOGLIO TE was well back in the 1990's when went to see PJ at Brentwood in Essex Margaret & I stayed overnight at a B&B that was run by an Italian lady who told me the translation is FOR THIS I WANT hope this helps  Smiley Billy

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 12th Jul, 2016 at 6:17pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Thanks Billy & Margaret. I also asked a few days ago on FB (my timeline) for a translation of a nice little 60's Italian P.J. article & Manja translated that.
    Ron  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print