Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Never seen before P.J. Proby footage (Read 14699 times)
26th May, 2015 at 2:43pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

The following great footage emerged on YouTube Out of Nowhere:

P.J. Proby on the Hollywood A GoGo show, probably on 10 July 1965, performing to That Means A Lot. Presenter is Sam Riddle.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

Thank you for the upload, Revolver Records!
« Last Edit: 27th May, 2015 at 6:42pm by DutchBrand »  

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 26th May, 2015 at 8:20pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

It's not sure which USA pop show this clip comes from. It's more than likely "American Bandstand" 24th July,1965.
  P.J. performed two songs, "Let The Water Run Down" & "That Means A Lot".
   If ever a P.J. DVD of 60's performances is released this clip just has to be on there.
Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 26th May, 2015 at 8:22pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

This is fantastic ! After all these years the clips keep turning up. Amazing ! Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 26th May, 2015 at 8:52pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I bet there are still some great P.J. clips out there still waiting to surprise us.
  Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 26th May, 2015 at 9:50pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Ron, Sam Riddle was presenter of Hollywood A Gogo, not of American Bandstand, as far as I can find out.
« Last Edit: 27th May, 2015 at 6:43pm by DutchBrand »  

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 27th May, 2015 at 5:29pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

WOW!. Another great "find" that reminds everybody what all the fuss was about and why we are all still rooting for the guy 50 years later. Let's hope there's more like this hidden in somebodies vaults waiting to be found. Brilliant!!. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 28th May, 2015 at 9:57am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Yes I agree. New footage is always great to see.  Im sure Dave Clark has loads of footage of P.J. Maybe one day it will be released. Hope to see it in my lifetime. Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 30th May, 2015 at 11:31am

Elaine   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Wonderful - one of the best clips I've seen. It takes me back to when I was 14 - he was amazing then and still is 50 years later.

Elaine

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 30th May, 2015 at 3:00pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

They goes for me Elaine, never stopped loving him and his amazing voice in 50 years. Still the best! Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 31st May, 2015 at 6:01pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

On my list of P.J. appearances on U.S. television pop shows it says P.J. did appear on "Hollywood a Go Go" but only once ...on the 10th July,1965.It also states he sang just one song" Mission Bell".
  Looking further I then see that P.J. appeared twice on "American Bandstand". once in 1965 & once in 1967. On his first appearance(24th July,1965) he sang two songs "Let The Water Run Down" & "That Means A Lot".
   So I am just passing that info on. Whether it is 100% correct I do not know.I'll try & get some more details.
  Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 31st May, 2015 at 6:33pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Voila....looks like it's solved. The guy presenting the Proby clip is definitely Sam Riddle. He definitely hosted all of the "Hollywood a Go Go" shows. I've looked at a good few other clips from the same series of shows & the special background etc. is exactly the same as when P.J. is singing "That Means A Lot"
   So even tho' the official U.S. 60's TV site says P.J. only ever sang one song, "Mission Bell", on "Hollywood a Go Go" on the 10th July,1965 they are obviously wrong. He did two & "That Means A Lot" was the second.
  An explication is possibly that this song was filmed but maybe never "aired". So 50 years later we get to see it!
   RON  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 15th Jul, 2015 at 11:03pm

Diana   Ex Member
I Love P.J. Proby!

Great bit of film. Really takes me back. He always smiled with his eyes. Still does..

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 7th Nov, 2015 at 4:55pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

On FB right now are film clips from 1977 showing Shakin' Stevens,Tim Whitnall & P.J.Proby chatting,rehearsing,being "made-up" etc. for the great musical from that year, "Elvis".
  These clips,in black & white & also colour have only recently been discovered. They are also on You Tube.
   Great to watch!
         Ron Grin

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 10th Nov, 2015 at 9:58pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Thanks for that Ron, I've just watched it on Youtube. That's the first time I've seen Jack Good to whom we owe so much. He really does not look the type of guy who would idolise Elvis, but he also told us and everybody how good he thought PJ was saying he could be as good or better on his night.   I followed that up by watching a Shakin' Stevens documentary from 2012 and Jack also appears on that talking about the ELVIS musical after about 15 minutes, if you watch you will get one hell of a shock.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 10th Nov, 2015 at 10:00pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Another clip to watch is from LWT Television. circa 1977 with a really good interview from all three Elvis's.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print