Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Mill Rythe January 2016 (Read 25797 times)
Reply #15 - 10th Jul, 2015 at 11:22am

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

thanks for the reply manja I would love to think you had a photo of PJ with Margaret/joanne on what was a fabulous show by PJ (as they all are) I took a small photo but no where near as good as the ones you took from the show but it is still a memory we have from what was a great night   love    Margaret & billy   fans forever  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 12th Jul, 2015 at 12:48pm

AnnieLean   Ex Member
I Love P.J. Proby!

I'm booked, my sister is coming with me. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 12th Jul, 2015 at 8:28pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

See you there Annie  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 7th Nov, 2015 at 4:47pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

On facebook a P.J. fan has said that last year at Mill Rythe P.J. was only onstage for 30 minutes. The question asked on FB was "Will P.J. be onstage for maybe longer this time?"
  That's a good question....Manja can you possibly tell us if the one & only Mr. P. gets extra time in January 2015?
   Thanks,
      Ron Cool

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 9th Nov, 2015 at 12:06am

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Hi Ron, the fan who said that last year at Mill Rythe P.J. was only onstage for 30 minutes is not correct. As you know, Wendy and I were there last year (2014) and I did a report of the show at the time. P.J. was in fact on the stage for over one hour and did no less than 17 songs. It was a fantastic show and if the show in January is as good, no one will be disappointed. Wink

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 9th Nov, 2015 at 3:34pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Thanks Dave, that is reassuring! But no doubt we will enjoy it if he is only on for 10 mins. Really looking forward to that one. Are you and Wendy coming to Boisdale? Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 11th Nov, 2015 at 12:39pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Thanks Dave. In the meantime I'd e-mailed the show organisor & I was told that P.J. would be onstage for about one hour. So that's great news.
   The same person/fan who remembered P.J. being onstage for 30' also said that lots of the Mill Rythe rooms were poor & damp plus the restaurant was like an army barracks.And during the day if you had no car then you were stuck the whole day in a boring place.Mind you I would get there in my car so that's no problem. No-one else was displeased so the negative remarks cannot be true but it puts a little doubt in your head when you're thinking of booking.
  One other question guys & gals....which of the three evenings does P.J. appear on?
    Ron Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 11th Nov, 2015 at 4:37pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Hi Marilyn & Ron, I can only say how it was for us, we had a standard chalet which was fine and the restaurant was very good. We were out and about during the days so cannot advise on the daytime entertainment. I guess some people like to moan. I must say that before that weekend the south of England had the heaviest rainfall of the year and many places were flooded, we really thought the weekend would be cancelled but Mill Rythe somehow survived and the entertainment team worked very hard to help everyone to have a good time.
Marilyn, Wendy and I will be at Boisdale, only just booked. See ya there  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 11th Nov, 2015 at 5:40pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I shan't make Canary Wharf but I'm thinking of either Mill Rythe or Whitby.Great to see some P.J. gigs coming up & also wonderful to see that P.J. is once more on the "60's Gold" U.K. tour starting in October 2016.
  Not so nice to see Chip Hawkes & Rick West (Tremeloes) both charged with indecent assault way back in 1968 allegedly on an under 16 year old girl.They appear in court in Chester next month. I sincerely hope no evidence at all surfaces as I'm certain they're completely innocent.
   Ron

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 11th Nov, 2015 at 6:52pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

I also saw that about Chip Hawkes and I find it really hard to believe as he is a really nice family guy, but sometimes I think young girls threw themselves at pop stars, but why wait about 47 years to complain, I think if it was me I would rather forget it.
So glad you are going Dave and Wendy, we are also at Mill Rythe but we will get out and about in the day as I don't fancy the entertainment there. We are also going to Whitby but will only stay to see P J. on the Friday.
So excited about the gold tour!
Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 13th Nov, 2015 at 9:30am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Just heard from Manja that at Mill Rythe & Whitby P.J. himself will only be onstage for 30'. The other 30' is The Pacemakers.The time P.J. performs is all to do with the fee he is receiving.So it's only about the same time onstage as P.J. gives us on "60's Gold".
   Better news is that at the Boisdale Restaurant P.J. will be onstage for an hour possibly a little longer even.
  Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 9th Dec, 2015 at 6:41pm

AnnieLean   Ex Member
I Love P.J. Proby!

I'm sorry I've been away so long - a few health problems have taken over my life.  The person who complained about Mill Rythe is a nut - I've been there frequently and I was there for PJ, he was fabulous.  With regard to not getting out during the day, Michael & I walked up to the main road and caught a bus into Havant and spent a happy few hours shopping.  I shan't be able to walk in January and sister Pat and I will fill our time no doubt in some way.  The food is very good there - and if you don't like what they give you go get an omelette, Michael tells me they are really good. Let's hope the misery isn't there next year. Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 16th Dec, 2015 at 3:56pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I'm sure Mill Rythe will be magic. ENJOY!...all who are attending.
RON  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #28 - 17th Dec, 2015 at 9:02am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Thank you Ron, you know we will love it! Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 18th Dec, 2015 at 4:08pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Were there any Boisdale after-show reports or reviews in any London newspapers or computer sites? I'd love to read one or two.
   Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print