Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Whitby (Read 29757 times)
21st Sep, 2015 at 4:45pm

PaulineGrainger   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

was wondering if there's any news about Whitby. Just to get front row we have to book early. Looked on their site and is advertised for the 3 days as £80 for the 3. Also noticed it was on during the day

Pauline

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 22nd Sep, 2015 at 8:30pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Some great acts. I really like Dave Berry & Mike Berry. P.J. ain't bad either! LOL! It's on, as you say Pauline, for 3 days & in total there are 5 great shows.So £80 for all five shows is excellent value...£16 each show.I don't know if you can select different shows or if you have to buy the whole 80 quids worth.I'm having a serious think about attending. Getting the boat from Zeebrugge in Belgium,sleeping over-night in a small cabin & arriving next day in Hull.I then drive my car the reasonable distance up to Whitby. I'll do some checking out soon. One thing is certain....it will be a magic venue with good weather.
  RON  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 22nd Sep, 2015 at 8:51pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Apparently P J is on the Friday show, and You can book individual nights so I might only go for the Friday night just biding my time to ask my driver as no way will I drive all that way and he will be happy if we can combine it with a visit to his family in Liverpool. No good getting old without getting crafty.But I am sure I will be there. Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 13th Nov, 2015 at 9:51am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

P.J. will be onstage at Whitby for 30'. I was hoping for longer.
Ron Sad

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 13th Nov, 2015 at 3:39pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

300 mile drive for 30 mins, please don't tell Jim Undecided, but I love Whitby anyway so it will all be good.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 14th Nov, 2015 at 1:03pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

One hour at Canary Wharf, 30' Mill Rythe, 30' Whitby & about 30' on each of the many 60's Gold tour gigs.  Grin
  ....The Maestro is coming back.
            Ron
P.S. I'm not sure how long P.J. will perform for on the de- luxe boat cruise in Australia.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 17th Nov, 2015 at 12:24pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

With all this terrorism happening in France & who knows where next I've decided not to go to France to catch the channel boat or the channel tunnel train to get me over to Dover & from there to other places for P.J.'s great shows.
  My sympathy goes to all of the people in Paris who lost a loved one or more in the terrible attacks.
  I will now most likely come over to Whitby in June.I think by then a lot of the current & dangerous travel problems will have been sorted.
   Ron Sad

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 18th Nov, 2015 at 8:57am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Sounds like a good idea Ron, a bit much travelling that way at the moment! Hope to see you in Whitby! Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 20th Nov, 2015 at 5:47pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I'm a bit wary about going into France for the Channel tunnel train from Lille or the ferry boat from Calais. It's not 100% about being worried about getting shot  Tongue  but more about trains or boats being cancelled because of terrorist threats & hold ups OR the migrants blocking the tunnel or invading a boat. Whoever is to blame would stop or delay me getting over the Channel. So that would mean me missing the P.J. show after paying for everything in advance (Boat ticket,show ticket & hotel room bill)
   I'll play safe & reluctantly stay at home. But look out Whitby in June....I'll be there!  Grin
   Ron

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 24th Nov, 2015 at 6:06pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Jim and I are meeting up with Pauline about 6.00ish on Saturday in Canary Wharf area, so Dave and Wendy if you are around please call me on my mobile 07502374472 if you want to meet before the show, we are booked for the meal at 8.00, if ot we will see you in the venue. Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 24th Nov, 2015 at 11:45pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Hi Marilyn, thanks for the message.
I will phone you tomorrow  Wink
Very best wishes
Dave 

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 26th Nov, 2015 at 1:40pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hope you all have a great night on Saturday, I wish I could be there with you. It would be so good to see PJ on stage again.
All the best George.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 26th Nov, 2015 at 10:16pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Thank you George, I am sure it won't be long before you see the "Maestro" as at least now there are some shows on the horizon. Can't wait till Saturday. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 27th Nov, 2015 at 12:18am

Elaine   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Have a great time everyone - so disappointed I can't be there.

Elaine

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 27th Nov, 2015 at 7:44am

PaulineGrainger   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Thanks Elaine, I'm sure we will. We will probably see you next year hopefully. xx

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print