Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Whitby (Read 28374 times)
Reply #30 - 31st Jan, 2016 at 10:05am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

As long as all the people who want a refund for their ticket money succeed then all is well.That poster with P.J.'s name on it has been out for 6 months, so many P.J. fans had got their tickets & even booked their hotels.I was planning all that plus my 250 boat fare from Zeebruges,Belgium to Hull.
   So glad I held back!!
         Ron

IP Logged

Reply #31 - 6th Feb, 2016 at 11:43am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Just received my refund for the Friday night at Whitby, no problems at all.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #32 - 7th Feb, 2016 at 7:46pm

PaulineGrainger   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Did you phone up about it. I am waiting for my ticket from Ron, its on its way. I wonder if you get full refund for the weekend or just Friday night.
Pauline xx

IP Logged

Reply #33 - 8th Feb, 2016 at 11:59am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Hi Pauline- I did phone but Chris said a letter was on the way and it arrived the next day asking me to return ticket and I got a cheque within a couple of days, and I was also able to cancel my hotel with no charge. All good then.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #34 - 8th Feb, 2016 at 12:00pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

[quote author=25293A212431262227262D3B79480 link=1442846716/34#34 date=1454929157]Hi Pauline- I did phone but Chris said a letter was on the way and it arrived the next day asking me to return ticket and I got a cheque within a couple of days, and I was also able to cancel my hotel with no charge. It did say you could have a refund for the whole weekend if you wanted.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #35 - 8th Feb, 2016 at 10:53pm

I Love P.J. Proby!

thanks Marilyn. I spoke to Chris and he's told me to send ticket and he will refund the whole weekend. Seemed shocked that wouldn't be going for the other shows just because Pj wasn't on
Pauline x

IP Logged

Reply #36 - 12th Feb, 2016 at 7:49pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I'm glad Chris was honest & fair.Pleased that all who wanted a refund got it.
  Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #37 - 15th Feb, 2016 at 4:44pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

So you all managed to get a full refund and cancel your hotel??? That is good!
Did anybody try to blame PJ for all this?
Please let us know if there are any problems.
Thank you,
Manja

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #38 - 15th Feb, 2016 at 5:00pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

, No blame was mentioned to me and I wouldn't have listened if they did! You always said the contracts hadn't been exchanged so it was a chance I took booking as I didn't want them to sell out, but no way would I travel 300 miles to see Wayne Fontana! Looking forward to Sixties Gold now! Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #39 - 16th Feb, 2016 at 9:19am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I was definitely going to be at Whitby. It would have cost me a fortune as the boat from Zeebrugge to Hull is 250. Plus I would have needed a 4 night hotel stay plus the 80 quid for all the shows.As soon as I heard P.J. would not be appearing my enthusiasm declined & I decided not to go.
   Pity...I was going to meet quite a few of my Yorkshire pals there, especially the fantastic ex top footie referee Trevor Simpson who is now the worlds top Elvis book author.
     Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #40 - 16th Feb, 2016 at 5:55pm
AnnieLean   Ex Member

It's a pity about Whitby, although I wouldn't have been going I know it's a chance we take for getting a decent seat booking early.  It's a risk we are all prepared to take for our man.
By the why- thanks joep for getting me back onto the forum, I'm keeping the email with my user name and password - although of course I need to put it somewhere that I will remember!!!!   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #41 - 17th Feb, 2016 at 10:12am

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

Good to see you back on our forum.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Reply #42 - 17th Feb, 2016 at 10:20am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Glad to see adorable Annie back on here!
    Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #43 - 19th Feb, 2016 at 12:27pm

I Love P.J. Proby!

I received cheque for 80 for Whitby, so that will go towards a trip for 60s gold.

IP Logged

Reply #44 - 19th Feb, 2016 at 1:26pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Hurray, glad you are one reimbursed Pauline, and I think we will enjoy the gold tour, more with your own numbered seating. Much better than trying to get a reasonable view with club style. Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print