Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Whitby (Read 26128 times)
Reply #45 - 18th Jun, 2016 at 7:58pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Did anybody go to Whitby after all? We just heard that what we feared has happened. People are saying "Naughty PJ did not show up"! He was never booked.... I would like to know whether PJ was still being advertised????

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #46 - 18th Jun, 2016 at 8:16pm

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Did anybody go to Whitby after all? We just heard that what we feared has happened. People are saying "Naughty PJ did not show up"! He was never booked.... I would like to know whether PJ was still being advertised????

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #47 - 20th Jun, 2016 at 9:37am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Ages ago when the Whitby Live Music Festival organisors realised that P.J. would not be appearing at their June "60's Weekend" concert they should have made it 100% clear that P.J.Proby would officially not be there because they never managed to book him.
   I think they probably had made the situation 75% clear & they did refund ticket money to some P.J. fans who asked but of course it's obvious that some P.J. admirers never got to hear that he should never have been put on the original poster anyway until a contract had been signed by him.
So it's the fault of the organisors but as DutchBrand says....P.J. will mostly end up getting the blame.
  Hope the local Whitby newspaper will properly explain what happened.
   Ron

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print