Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Sixties gold (Read 31234 times)
Reply #15 - 29th Sep, 2016 at 5:48pm
AngelaConnelly   Ex Member

I went to the Sixties Gold Concert in Chatham on Saturday night.  Have been a fan of Proby's since I was a teenager.  Finally, now Iam 68 I get to see him!  So glad I did.  I don't know what it is about him,but he really has something special.  Would've liked to hear more ballads as I think his matured voice is more suited to them now.  And it goes without saying that I would've liked him to have been given a longer slot.  So pleased he is still going strong & has bounced back from adversity time & again.  It was a fantastic show.  Love you Jimmy xx

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 1st Oct, 2016 at 11:22am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

I attended the afternoon show in Chatham & that was excellent but the evening show was out of this world. All acts were superb & P.J. shone the brightest!
  I sold a lot of Proby articles on the merchandising table.... many different items but most popular was his new CD album "The Enigma In Gold-Vol. 3".
   And getting to meet him & Manja for a great chat twice was the icing on the cake!
RON  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 6th Oct, 2016 at 3:27pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

"The One Show" on BBC TV featuring P.J.,Gary Puckett & original Searcher John McNally has been promised for next Tuesday,11th October. I really hope it happens!
  Be wonderful to see some really GREAT 60's Gold artistes on the telly.
   Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 7th Oct, 2016 at 1:31am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

It would happen when I am away in Tenerife and I'm sure you can't get BBC1 in the hotel only  news channels. So will have to wait till I get home or work out how to get iplayer. Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 8th Oct, 2016 at 9:35am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Hurray BBC 1 here. Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 10th Oct, 2016 at 9:23am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I do hope it's on the BBC TV "The One Show" tomorrow night (11th Oct.). Fingers crossed!
   It should be but just like previous newspaper P.J. interviews sometime changing their date this could happen with the telly also.
  Great to see last night on the Beeb singers Alfie Boe & Michael Ball performing together on the show "Strictly Come Dancing:the Results". They sang that wonderful song "Somewhere". Very well done guys but only one singer can really ever give us the absolute best & most treasured version.
   Ron  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 10th Oct, 2016 at 9:37am
AngelaConnelly   Ex Member

Yes, Boe & Ball sang Somewhere on The Big Sing on TV at the Albert Hall too.  I probably would have thought it was great if we hadn't heard it sung so amazingly well by our special man ...which he did again last night at The Orchard in Dartford. He said he forgot to sing it in the first show.  Not sure if he meant the first show of the tour or the afternoon show in Dartford. Glad he didn't forget last night! I bought his Sixties Hits cd which took me back fifty years. Wonderful!

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 11th Oct, 2016 at 2:40pm

Bridgetc   Offline
P J Proby is the best
vocalist
hertfordshire

Fabulous shows in Northampton and St Albans, both were very popular with everyone.Sixties gold 3 CD is great and sold well,some lovely new tracks and reworking of old ones.The afternoon shows are a little shorter so Somewhere is usually cut out.I felt that was a shame as we still love to hear it.Bridget

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 11th Oct, 2016 at 9:59pm

Bridgetc   Offline
P J Proby is the best
vocalist
hertfordshire

A really good interview on the One Show and great clip of PJ's performance at Reading,showing what a great voice he still has.Good shot of the merchandise and of Marilyn dancing at the front row! Bridget

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 11th Oct, 2016 at 10:20pm

PaulineGrainger   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Yes it was a good interview and not only Pj as the star but Marilyn of course

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 12th Oct, 2016 at 12:42pm

Joep(U.P)   Offline
Global Moderator
U.P
The Netherlands

11-10-2016.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
IP Logged

Reply #26 - 12th Oct, 2016 at 4:09pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Thanks Pauline and Bridget the street hairdresser interverviwed me for ages and off course P J  and then it was cut done to a few minutes but it was good to seeing him get some airplay at last  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 12th Oct, 2016 at 4:40pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Next to me is the Lovely Wendy Dave's wife and their daughter xx

IP Logged

Reply #28 - 12th Oct, 2016 at 5:48pm

Bridgetc   Offline
P J Proby is the best
vocalist
hertfordshire

I did recognise Dave's wife but I couldn't remember her name. As you say at last some airtime on BBC.It's on utube and there are other clips of the live performances.Bridget

IP Logged

Reply #29 - 19th Oct, 2016 at 7:58am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Eastbourne tonight!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print