Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Sixties gold (Read 37191 times)
Reply #45 - 30th May, 2017 at 10:13am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

"60's Gold" advert for 2017 is now to see on the P.J. Fan Forum  Facebook site.
  Sadly no P.J. this year on the bill  Cry so many people are not bothering to book. Me included!
   Ron

IP Logged

Reply #46 - 30th May, 2017 at 6:46pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Me neither Ron I usually try to go to about three shows, funny just seen Steve Ellis in Tesco no one else recognises him.Lol. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #47 - 31st May, 2017 at 10:38am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hope things turn round for P.J. & soon more gigs are booked for him. Be great to see him singing again onstage & also to hopefully meet him after the show.I'd also like to say hello & have a chat with some of my fellow P.J. friends & fans most of  whom I've not seen for a few years,including you mazza.
   Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #48 - 1st Jun, 2017 at 9:56am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Yes I quite agree Ron. I really wonder why P.J. has been left out of the 60,s tour. Doesn't make sense to me. To only get a couple of gigs in a year isn't enough for this great singer. Whilst I always enjoy the other acts on the 60,s tour I only go to see P.J. and wont be going to the show this year for that reason. Not sure how he manages with so little work, and doesn't seem fair.  Angry

IP Logged

Reply #49 - 5th Jun, 2017 at 12:36pm
AnnieLean   Ex Member

Maybe he has his own reasons for not taking part - has anybody asked him?  I'm not going to speculate why but it's just a thought. Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #50 - 5th Jun, 2017 at 7:39pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I suppose P.J. still gets enough offers from promotors & agents but he always has a great backing group onstage, by the time they have all been paid there's not enough money over for P.J. himself so the deal is not really financially worthwhile!
   Here in Belgium lots of top golden oldie singers were getting less & less work for the money they wanted SO most decided to go onstage with backing tracks & not actual backing musicians or singers. So they got less money than before but it's all for the singer & they had no other people to pay.
   P.J. could consider doing this but I do not think that would ever enter his head & I admire him for that. P.J. wants the audience to see "proper" live appearances. So well done P.J.
     Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #51 - 5th Jun, 2017 at 7:42pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I'm hoping that in 2018 P.J. will be back on the "60's Gold" big U.K. tour. In the meantime I do hope he's gets other shows & gigs to perform in 2017 & 2018.
  He's still brilliant!!
       Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #52 - 17th Jun, 2017 at 10:36am
AnnieLean   Ex Member

Pj's a professional, I feel he would feel insulted to be asked to do backing tracks instead of a live group - this sort of thing happens to has beens who have lost their voices - no way does this apply to our man.

IP Logged

Reply #53 - 13th Oct, 2017 at 2:18pm

PaulineGrainger   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Went to 60s Gold in Gateshead last night. Was a good show but missed PJ being on. Brian Poole was still the greatest.
One of the tremeloes and searchers was missing due to ill health so one of pacemakers joined the searchers.  Its hesrtbreaking seeing Chip since his illness but it didnt affect him singing, he was great

IP Logged

Reply #54 - 6th Nov, 2017 at 8:08am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

So on next years "60's Gold" tour Gerry Marsden will not be featured. He's stopping doing long & tiring giant U.K. tours but he will continue doing "one-off" shows.
   So in 2018 hopefully P.J. will be invited back by Robert Pratt & his partners onto "60's Gold". P.J.Proby & The Pacemakers.
   Fingers Crossed everybody!
      Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #55 - 29th Nov, 2017 at 11:53am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I see on the 2017 "60's Gold" U.K. tour three of the stars have sometimes dropped out because of illness. Gerry was so ill last Sunday that he could not appear in Brum & so a replacement was quickly found. Don't know who it was but it should have been P.J.
  Gerry is retiring from long tours anyway after this one,his health cannot take all the thousands & thousands of miles needed to be driven in total between all the gigs. P.J. is sensible....he has a young driver to get him around & he has no problem paying for this privilege. So when sensible P.J. comes onstage anywhere in the U.K. he always looks energetic & well.
  But I hope Gerry can recover & be back for the very last date on this "60's Gold" tour.....Leeds on the 2nd December.
I also hope the brilliant,fit & healthy singer P.J. Proby gets put back on this tour in 2018. He's the best of the lot!
    Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #56 - 13th Jan, 2018 at 10:55am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

For the 2018 60's Gold" tour the four groups booked are: The Searchers,The Fortunes,The Merseybeats & Vanity Fare.Right at this moment Chimes International are considering adding P.J. to the bill. WOW! I hope & pray this happens.
  So very soon the decision will be made & if it's a YES then P.J. will be backed by Vanity Fare.If P.J. is one of the five acts then I will definitely be coming over a couple of times to see this great show in areas suited to me.
  RON  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #57 - 19th Jan, 2018 at 12:25am

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Great to see PJ now has definitely been confirmed for the 2018 60's Gold Tour. We look forward to seeing the list of theatres and dates. Sad to see this will be The Searchers "Farewell 60's tour".

IP Logged

Reply #58 - 19th Jan, 2018 at 10:38am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Wonderful news about P.J. As for The Searchers they will be quitting giant U.K. tours after the 2018 "60's Gold" is over. Just like Gerry Marsden it's getting too much for them, as they get older, to constantly travel by car all over the U.K. non stop. So they will continue doing ordinary gigs but not the big tours that mean they, in a tired way, have to travel thousands of miles.
  P.J.'s method of getting to all the gigs is the  most sensible but it does cost him money.
    Ron

IP Logged

Reply #59 - 19th Jan, 2018 at 11:15am
AnnieLean   Ex Member

This is very good news - I hope the show comes down south as well.  I can't drive now and train travel has become an issue with me - also I now have a worry over large venues, as in December at Wembley Arena - Andre Rieu concert, I had a seizure and missed all of the second half - as did my family who were with me.  I'm still under "investigation" for the cause.  Old age...... Angry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print