Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Perth-Scotland, May 2017 (Read 9699 times)
14th Jan, 2017 at 1:05pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Great to see the news on FB that on May 12,13 & 14 a great 3 day music event will happen.
   It's called "The American Music Festival" & on the third & final night P.J. will be onstage backed by The Pacemakers including sexy saxophone player Sophie.
   But if you can't manage the whole three days then the date for P.J. is Sunday evening,14th May,2017.
    You can book now if you want.
       Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 14th Jan, 2017 at 1:22pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

To book online go to:
    Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 7th May, 2017 at 2:09pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

I am GOING. So excited, I am only going to the festival on the Sunday but will have to stay two nights as it is an eight hour train journey.
Looking forward to meeting up with Billy and Margaret and Manja and anyone else who's going. Jim golfing so I thought why not.
Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 11th May, 2017 at 8:59am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Fantastic that you are going to Bonnie Scotland mazza.Have a wonderful time & best wishes to you & your friends.
  I hope & pray that later this year the great P.J. will be getting more gigs...fingers crossed!
   Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 11th May, 2017 at 9:45pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Wow Marilyn that's a hell of a journey, but at least you know it will be worth it to see PJ. Hope you have a safe trip.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 12th May, 2017 at 4:56am

PaulineGrainger   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Thats great Marilyn. If i could walk i would have joined you. Hopefully it wont be long before i can get back to the concerts as i am going to have operation in a couple of months. ENJOY xx

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 12th May, 2017 at 7:40pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Thank you for your good wishes I wouldn't normally go that far but I am so afraid I won't get to see him again. Pauline I will miss my P J companion! Hope all goes well with your op!
Ron I have fingers and toes crossed for some concerts that are accessible for all of us. Perhaps after Gerry retires this year there may be a space?  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 13th May, 2017 at 10:46am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Have a wonderful time mazza. Hopefully the usual brilliant P.J. performance tomorrow will tempt some other promotors & agents to get P.J. more & more onstage "Somewhere".
   I love watching P.J. sing & I also love meeting the loyal & lovely fellow P.J. fans. Lets hope this all happens sooner rather than later.
  The gig in Perth,Scotland will of course have P.J. fans watching & to those who are making the big journey I thank you & admire you all.
     Ron  Cool
P.S. If anyone takes a few pics & would also like to write a show report about P.J. & The Pacemakers then please do. I'm sure "The Beat" magazine would publish the review about P.J. in the June edition if you send it to the editor David Parker (or even me).....ta!

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 13th May, 2017 at 10:53am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Gerry Marsden is supposedly retiring from giant tours including "60's Gold" but he'll still be doing one-off shows & mini tours.
   Plus if Gerry's health & enthusiasm returns he may do the same as many singers have done in the past......make a big comeback!
   In the meantime I hope & pray that if P.J. is not added to the 2017 "60's Gold" tour then he is back for 2018. That tour needs him! And if any of the other giant 60's tour agents & promotors are thinking of signing P.J. then please... GO FOR IT GUYS!
   Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 15th May, 2017 at 2:59pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I'm bursting to know how yesterday's Perth,Scotland show went for the one & only P.J.
   Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 16th May, 2017 at 2:55pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

On the P.J.Proby Fan Forum on FB there are some lovely pics from the Perth show plus a main comment by Manja & some other comments by fans.
   Great to see P.J. was onstage for quite a while & he did 17 super songs!
   Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 16th May, 2017 at 9:35pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Well Ron only one word to say about P J's performance and that was Fantastic. It started to rain only a light shower when the pacemakers were on but as if a miracle occurred the rain stopped and the maestro came on and I felt the proudest fan in the world. The songs just kept coming and it was a treat after the sixties gold when there is a quick 20 mins. I was so pleased I decided to go at the last minute and it was lovely to meet up with Kathy, Margaret and Billy,Manja and Jonathan who were working hard to bring it all together. Now I know why I have followed him all these years. A superb evening!
Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 17th May, 2017 at 9:29am

PaulineGrainger   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

sounds as though you had a great time and that he sang a lot of songs. wish i had been there xx

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 17th May, 2017 at 11:04am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Great that it was a superb performance by the one & only P.J.   Hopefully he'll be onstage some more later this year.
  Some "Golden Oldies" singers should now retire but the way P.J. still sings means he's around for a good many more years!
   Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 17th May, 2017 at 6:18pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Thanks for that info Marion. Good to here that P J was on great form, it sounds as though he must have been on stage for about an hour doing his own material, much better than being shoved on for 20mins before the interval as happens on the Sixties tour. Let's hope somebody that matters was taking notice.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print