Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Re: 2017 (Read 3465 times)
18th Jan, 2017 at 11:11am

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

I saw recently on Facebook some real BAD news for us P.J. fans.
  The "60's Gold" line-up for 2017 has been announced.The tour's sub-title is: "Gerry & The Pacemakers Farewell Tour".
   Headliners of course are Gerry & Co. Also on the bill.... The Searchers,Brian Poole & The Tremeloes,Vanity Fare,Love Affair's Steve Ellis.
   BUT NO P.J.PROBY!!
What a huge disappointment!  Why isn't he included? P.J.'s always so brilliant & certainly deserves to be chosen ahead on the bill of quite a few of those other names. So unfair!!
  On FB there may be a petition started soon in the name of Proby. But to be honest I do not think even a giant petition will change things now. GRRR!
So Gerry at the age of 75 has decided to retire & this will be his final ever U.K. tour in late 2017. All the best to Gerry but I do wish that he himself had insisted that P.J. was selected to be alongside him on his last "60's Gold" trip around England,Scotland & Wales.
  It's all so unfair to P.J.Proby himself & to his loyal & lovely fans.
    Ron  Cry

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 19th Jan, 2017 at 10:54am

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The petition to get P.J. more work has now begun on Facebook....please go there & sign your name to back up the one & only legend P.J.Proby.
   Thanks,
      Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 20th Jan, 2017 at 12:09pm

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Or if you're never on FB then go to Google & type in: Petitions24.com
   Then you'll see last signed petitions listings come up. Press on that & then scroll down to the  "P.J.Proby On Tour Petition!"
  Another click & then you'll be able to add your signature.
   Thanks
     Ron  Smiley
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
« Last Edit: 20th Jan, 2017 at 6:24pm by Joep(U.P) »  
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 31st Jan, 2017 at 2:02pm

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Almost two weeks ago I posted this message...& I've not had one single reply.So disappointing!
  We do need so many more people on this Official Fan Forum to give answers & even start up their own subjects regarding P.J. If it keeps going quieter & quieter on here then eventually, I'm sorry to say, it could well end up all being closed.
    Ron  Cry

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 31st Jan, 2017 at 2:06pm

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Plenty of "views" but we really need suggestions,opinions,ideas,etc....in fact anything in writing.
   Please consider posting some messages.
      Thanks,
         Ron  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 10th Feb, 2017 at 12:29pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

recently (by chance) watched jonny lydon (jonny rotten) on piers morgan life stories and thought why not PJ what a fascinating show that would be though ive no idea if it has any chance at all and if PJ would agree of course just a thought         Billy & of course Margaret (fans forever) Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 12th Feb, 2017 at 12:09pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

P.J's life is the most amazing story. It is a shame that has never been truly told on TV. It would be fantastic if Piers Morgan had the courage to do it.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 13th Feb, 2017 at 1:58pm

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Well then guys 'n gals lets all drop Piers a request via e-mail or snail-mail. It can only be a yes or a no!
  Of course a YES would be magic!
     Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 13th Feb, 2017 at 3:33pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

A YES from Piers would be magic. Before we send requests to Piers we need  to be sure that is what PJ wants. He may not wish to do his life story with Piers. Undecided
Maybe Manja can advise ?

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 15th Feb, 2017 at 4:50pm

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hope Manja can but it's been ages since she's even come onto this "Official P.J.Proby Fan Forum".
    Ron  Sad

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 16th Feb, 2017 at 8:48am

DutchBrand   Offline
Global Moderator
Never Give Up On What
You Do.

Ron, as you very well know there is an official documentary being made at the moment about PJs life.
The work title is "P.J. Proby a god amongst men". It will be a huge film for the cinemas.
Rgw film makers have the exclusive rights for filming P.J. Proby's life story.

If you don't try the impossible, you won't reach the impossible
IP Logged

Reply #11 - 16th Feb, 2017 at 1:23pm

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

That is superb news & I hope the great documentary is soon finished. It will be magic & us fans do need to have patience....the filming began back in July,2010.
  I know what's been done lately by Julie & that is fantastic.
Also there's a documentary being made about the legend Jack Good & his amazing "Shindig" TV shows & included will be clips of P.J. that have hardly ever been seen before & one or two other pieces of footage that probably have never,ever been televised.
  So TWO wonderful documentaries being prepared & they will be incredible to see.
    Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 16th Feb, 2017 at 1:31pm

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

So Manja....being as a documentary is currently being made about P.J. then it's best not to contact Piers Morgan ??
Piers would actually question P.J. on the TV & also show lots of clippings & naturally ask some good & bad questions, but he does a brilliant job.
  The one hour Piers interview with Bee Gee Barry Gibb a few weeks ago was superb!....happy bits,sad bits, etc. but the audience (including special guests) loved it & their applause at the very end was amazing!
  So tell us what you think....contact Piers Morgan or not? Obviously we'll do as you & P.J. tell us.
    Thanks,
       Ron

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 17th Feb, 2017 at 5:23pm

Ron   Online
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Tonight (Friday,17th Feb.) at 9.00 on ITV television the great Piers Morgan will be interviewing Boy George. It should be really interesting as Boy G. has had a real controversial life ever since he & his group Culture Club hit the charts way back in 1982.
   Hope P.J.(& Manja) gets a chance to watch this one hour show & they may get some kind of idea if Piers would give P.J. a special & a fair kind of "Life Story" interview.
    Ron

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 18th Feb, 2017 at 3:32pm

Diana   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love P.J. Proby!

I like Piers Morgan's interviews but think he sometimes comes over as being supercilious.  Would he and PJ get on I wonder? Interesting to see though.  As regards the documentary, if filming started back in 2010, why is it taking so long?  It would be fascinating if it came right up to date - including the court case that HMRC spent so much money on and then dropped.  The emotional toll on PJ was huge.  He deserves a break.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print