Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Re: 2017 (Read 15037 times)
Reply #15 - 19th Feb, 2017 at 1:14am
AngelaConnelly   Ex Member

It seems there are a few of us fans who watch Piers Morgan & think "why not PJ?"  His life has certainly been interesting enough.  I saw the interview with Boy George & though he too has led a controversial life, the audience warmed to his honesty & humility.  I like to think the same would happen with PJ.  But it seems we must be patient for the cinema documentary to be released.  I hope it gets lots of publicity & is a great success, gaining PJ lots more fans & bookings.

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 19th Feb, 2017 at 8:12pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Filming of P.J. by Julie Stovell started back in 2010 & should be super when it's eventually all finished. She also did some filming at P.J.'s court case when he eventually triumphed & the case against him was dropped.
My enquiry is this: when does Julie think all of her P.J. filming will be finished & the actual footage available to be viewed hopefully via the cinema screen. I'm no expert but I had personally been thinking it was being made for a TV channel.
   Ron  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 19th Feb, 2017 at 8:16pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

As for some of us contacting Piers Morgan with the suggestion for him that maybe he considers interviewing P.J on ITV.....we can only do that when Manja gives us a "yes" or a "no" after she consults P.J. himself. So I hope we know her & P.J.'s opinion quite soon.
  Ron

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 23rd Feb, 2017 at 8:34pm

DS25Q   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love P.J. Proby!
hassocks  united kingdom

I have to say that I am really disappointed in vol 3.  nearly all the tracks are the same as vol's 1 & 2.   why did you not release some new tracks.   Dave.

IP Logged

Reply #19 - 25th Feb, 2017 at 10:44am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

26 tracks is a nice big amount on a CD single disc. And the mid 60's songs on Vol. 3 by P.J. are not his "originals"...they are new recordings done very recently. So to me it's excellent value for money Dave.
   Ron.
P.S. P.J. has released many CD's in the last 20 years & they were packed with new tracks.

IP Logged

Reply #20 - 25th Feb, 2017 at 11:38am
AnnieLean   Ex Member

Sorry I've been "off air" Ron, have been otherwise engaged I'm afraid   I'll check out the petition and make every effort to keep up. Grin

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 6th Mar, 2017 at 3:36pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Thanks Annie.
  Best wishes from Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 6th Mar, 2017 at 3:39pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Still no answer from Manja yet as to whether she wants us to contact Piers Morgan about the possibility he will interview P.J. on the TV.
  A yes or a no from her (& P.J.) is all we need.
     Ron  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 10th Apr, 2017 at 6:31pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Looking through yesterday's Sunday papers I notice Brian Poole and the Tremeloes and Vanity Fair are a about to start a 36 date tour of the country. Also a couple of hotels are advertising Sixties weekends with acts such as The Pacemakers, The Fortunes, Union Gap, but still nothing for PJ, WHY ? What's the problem? .

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 11th Apr, 2017 at 9:53am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

P.J. is a wonderful singer,still around & still amazing onstage. WHY oh WHY is he not getting bookings?
  So many U.K. 60's tours happening & if he's not on one then another should select him
Like George said...."What's the problem?"
P.J. & his fans must be so frustrated that so far for 2017 he has ONE booking!(in Perth,Scotland).
  Proby is a special & unique talent & why promotors are not lining up to book him is something I find very strange!
    Ron  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 11th Apr, 2017 at 5:14pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Glad you agree Ron. I keep wondering is he turning down chances of long tours? Is he wanting to much money ? Is there nowhere to park the "Winnie"?. When I say "He"I really mean the people who represent him of course with no blame for PJ

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 12th Apr, 2017 at 10:13am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Well Manja does her very best but even she knows that a promotor or agent is needed asap! They are looking for one to help P.J. get "work" & have been for a while but so far have not come across the right one.
  Parking P.J.'s "Winnie" is no problem. If there's no room by the gig itself then they always park it at the very nearest camp-site.
  As for money....the giant 60's tour organisors offer a certain amount & for many years now P.J. has done "60's Gold" & others so he obviously accepted the dosh offered. I'm assuming he still does now BUT of course if he's not on the bill then no money gets offered/paid to him.
  So if anyone reading this or on FB can help P.J. find a great promotor &/or agent please pass any names onto Manja.
  I've passed on a few but no positive results yet.
Even some U.K. theatre owners may consider putting P.J. on their stage.....anyone know a theatre owner or manager!?
A LEGEND LIKE P.J. SHOULD HAVE TONS OF WORK!
     Ron  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #27 - 27th Apr, 2017 at 11:30am
AnnieLean   Ex Member

You could try Windsor again, it's a long time since he was on there and I know the winnie is parked quite a walk away, what about Woking?  I'm biased of course, as I can get to those. Woking has a small theatre as well as the main Ambassador, perhaps it's worth a try - I saw The Pasadena Roof Orchestra in the small theatre recently and it's brilliant.

IP Logged

Reply #28 - 11th May, 2017 at 9:02am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Great suggestions from Annie.
   I'm keeping my fingers crossed (& everything else) that things change for the better later this year for the one & only P.J.
  I have a feeling things will.
     Ron  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print