Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
All change for "S.O.T.S."radio show. (Read 6797 times)
21st Feb, 2017 at 9:57am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

This Saturday (25th Feb. 2017) Brian Matthew will host his final "S.O.T.S." radio show.I totally disagree with the BBC's decision!! We all do!!
So Brian will do his final two hours & it will be many of the highlights since he took over the show back in 1990.
   The new host will be Tony Blackburn. Plus the show with Tony will be starting every Saturday at 6 a.m. until 8 a.m. so it will be a very early start which is bound to get fewer listeners tuning in so early.
   Brian will be 89 this coming September....much too young to "retire" LOL!
  I contacted the shows song selector Phil Swern & he says requests from 60's music fans will still be on the show weekly so come on P.J. fans keep 'em going in to celebrate weddings,birthdays or whatever!
    Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 23rd Feb, 2017 at 8:38pm

DS25Q   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love P.J. Proby!
hassocks  united kingdom

I have to say that I am really disappointed in vol 3.  nearly all the tracks are the same as vol's 1 & 2.  why did you not release some new tracks.  Dave.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 25th Feb, 2017 at 10:32am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Not many CD albums have 26 tracks Dave.That's a lot. And all of his 60's songs on Vol. 3 are not the old original P.J. hit versions but brand new recently recorded versions.
   Ron.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 26th Feb, 2017 at 11:13pm
Diana   Ex Member

I prefer Vol 3 to Vol 2 as I feel it has more energy and the freshly recorded tracks sound more raunchy.  I agree with you Dave - Jim needs to put his thinking cap on for his next release.  In what direction will he go I wonder?  Country?  Soul?  Blues?

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 9th Apr, 2017 at 9:15am
AnnieLean   Ex Member

Brian Matthew has left the building, as we suspected all along but didn't like to tempt fate, he was ill and I understand his death was announced earlier this week - although he died on Saturday morning, an appropriate day of course. R.I.P Brian, how we will miss you. Cry

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 10th Apr, 2017 at 6:09pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Annie how up to date is your news? If you read Ron's post "more sad news" it seems that Brian "passed away" last Tuesday but had recovered on Thursday and was still with us on Friday. I haven't heard anything since.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 11th Apr, 2017 at 9:44am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Sadly Brian has now gone.....such a sad loss! I have always loved the way he was on the TV & radio.
  Rest In Peace Brian Matthew!

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 13th May, 2017 at 10:24am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

At last Tony Blackburn has played a P.J. song on "S.O.T.S." This morning,13th May, "Hold Me" got played..yippee!
   Tony also chatted about The Beatles connection to P.J. way back in '64 & then played a giant Fab Four hit: "I Feel Fine".
  The P.J. song came on at about 7-10 a.m. (U.K. time) & was so enjoyable to hear.
   6 weeks ago I sent in a request to Tony for a P.J. song to be played towards the end of May to celebrate me & Linda's 43rd wedding anniversary. So fingers crossed my request gets carried out soon on "S.O.T.S.".
   My wedding anniversary P.J. request on Cambridge 105fm "The 60's Scene"  show will definitely be played. On that weekly Sunday show, the song "Good Things Are Coming My Way" will be heard,probably on the 21st May.Plus some great chat by DJ John J. Gannon.
    Happy Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 21st May, 2017 at 3:24pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I sent in a request to Tony Blackburn 6 or 7 weeks ago for a P.J. song to be played yesterday. I listened to the whole show & my request never happened. It's for mine & Linda's 43rd wedding anniversary coming up on Thursday 25th May.
   Not mentioned yesterday so maybe it will get a plug on next Saturday's "S.O.T.S." show. I e-mailed the "S.O.T.S." radio show yesterday afternoon & also Tony himself with a reminder so I hope my P.J. song does get "aired" on the following show.
   My P.J. request today (Sunday) on "The 60's Scene" show did get played! Thank you John J. Gannon on cambridge 105 fm for your lovely message & the great P.J. song "Good Things Are Coming My Way".
  Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 27th May, 2017 at 11:26am
AnnieLean   Ex Member

Congrats Ron and Linda on achieving 43 years.  I caught up with my recordings of SOTS yesterday and was gratified to hear PJ "Hold Me".  I listened this morning (I missed the first record) and no sign of PJ.   Tony does have a habit of playing the same people again and again - particularly Petula Clark (who is not one of my favourites) and Elvis (who is).  I miss the requests on this show - I'm not into just having a name read out.  Sad

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 27th May, 2017 at 1:58pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I listened to this mornings "S.O.T.S."  radio show & Tony read out more requests today than on his last 8 programmes put together. Every second song he played was a request but unfortunately MY request never got mentioned!
    So that's really put me off forever bothering to send in a request to him.
   Ron  Sad

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 22nd Jul, 2017 at 12:14pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Great to hear on "S.O.T.S." this morning (22nd July) Tony Blackburn praising P.J. & also playing "Somewhere".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print