Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
More chat on here please! Please Please Me! LOL! (Read 9279 times)
13th May, 2017 at 10:36am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Hello all on here. This Classic & Official P.J.Proby Fan Forum is still going strong & that's great news. We now have at this moment 29 registered members but not many of those 29 actually write something on here.
  Anything to do with the great P.J.,...stories,news,connections from now or any time in the past will be so welcome.
  Hope a few of you who usually just read the posts (& very welcome you are) can maybe now & then also write & share something with your fellow members.
      Thanks from Ron.
  Plus I also thank all of the guys 'n gals who regulary come on here for reading AND writing. Lets make sure this forum does not fade away! Okay?
    Best wishes from,
        Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 17th Jul, 2017 at 1:17pm
AnnieLean   Ex Member

Hello Ron, I've been trying you send you an email but it's come back undelivered.  Are you still there or have I got the wrong email address?  Email me please to get me back in.  Sad

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 20th Jul, 2017 at 10:11am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Years ago when P.J sang Hold Me the B side is a beautiful song called "Just Like Him" written by Jackie de Shannon. This probably should have been an A side.
However for years I have puzzled with a line in the second verse which I cant quite understand what he is saying. It has bugged me for years so I'm sure other Proby fans will know and be able to tell me exactly what he is saying.
Just after he has sung "but I can do that Baby Just like him" the line starts " Just like him we can talk or ?????   and just like him I can try to be someone.

Please someone put me out of my misery and let me know what he is saying.

Looking forward to your answers and thank you in advance .

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Andy.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 20th Jul, 2017 at 9:09pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

hi andy I think the lyric is we can talk of love though when I first heard it I thought PJ was singing we can talk or walk its also the B side of somewhere the B side of hold me is the tips of my fingers both which are fabulous and great great versions like most if not everything PJ sings    hope this helps                billy  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 20th Jul, 2017 at 9:55pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Andy. I've just listened four times with the headphones in and it's not clear at all, I think Billy might be close I was. thinking "both go far" or park the car Grin

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 21st Jul, 2017 at 9:42am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Thanks guys. I will have another listen and see if I can work it out from your suggestions. I was of course having a senior moment as I know that the tips of my fingers was the B side to Hold me. What was I thinking.!!!!!!!!  It was of course the B side to Somewhere.  Must be getting old.lol

Both great songs of course sung beautifully by P.J. Grin Grin

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 21st Jul, 2017 at 11:15pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Hi Andy, I have listened to this recording over and over again and the words are not clear. I have just found another recording of the song on youtube by David Wilcox and words are clearly  "We can talk of love"

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

I hope this puts you out of your misery  Smiley
Best wishes
Dave

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 22nd Jul, 2017 at 9:29am

andy cole   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Thanks Guys. After all these years of listening to this beautiful recording I now finally know what P.J. is saying. I can rest in Peace now. And thanks Dave for finding a different version of the song where it is clear. 

Andy Exclaim Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 24th Jul, 2017 at 9:52pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Many of you know that a group called "The Quiet Five" recorded a song "Didn't Give A Damn" with PJ doing the vocal but can anyone tell me who wrote the song?
I have no idea. Could it be another J.M.Smith composition?  Undecided

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 26th Jul, 2017 at 4:35pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Hi Dave, can't believe I have never heard this song before! What sort of fan am I? I have really enjoyed listening to it nice to hear something new too me.
Regards Marilyn  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 26th Jul, 2017 at 7:20pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Hi Marilyn, "Didn't Give A Damn" was a demo recorded in the 60's but not released until 2003 when it featured on the Quiet Five album, "When The Morning Sun Dries The Dew". You can still find this CD on ebay but I have attached the link to youtube so you can hear it.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login
best wishes
Dave  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 28th Jul, 2017 at 10:24am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Thanks Dave, will try to get the CD.
Marilyn  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 29th Jul, 2017 at 2:43pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

On the CD sleeve notes it says that the writer of: "Didn't Give A Damn" is unknown.
   By the way even tho' the group were named "The Quiet Five" there was always six of them.
          Ron.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 2nd Aug, 2017 at 12:13pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

just read the dangerousminds/ article on PJ and thought it was a very good  read any one know who the writer is thanks billy Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 4th Aug, 2017 at 10:45am

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Hi Billy, I had not seen the dangerousminds article on PJ before so thank you for mentioning it. I managed to find a link to it on the facebook Proby fan forum. I agree, it is a very good read. I am sorry I have no idea who the writer was. I hope someone else can help.
Best wishes
Dave  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print