Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
More chat on here please! Please Please Me! LOL! (Read 9280 times)
Reply #15 - 16th Aug, 2017 at 3:32pm
AnnieLean   Ex Member

Not strictly Proby but it's the 40th anniversary of Elvis's death today - even Classic FM played an instrumental version of "Love Me Tender" - which of course PJ sang live on one of the morning programmes many years ago. Cool

IP Logged

Reply #16 - 18th Aug, 2017 at 12:28pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Amazing how Elvis is still so popular & best selling after "leaving the building" 40 years ago.
  P.J. was spoken about in 1964 as the guy to take over from The King but sadly because of a lot of nastiness & negative words about P.J. it never happened!
   But Elvis & P.J. are the two most brilliant singers & "lookers" ever!
   Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 19th Aug, 2017 at 1:05pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Another tenuous link this. Ty Hardin died last week he played Bronco Lane in the sixties. There's a bit of an epitaph in today's Daily Express. He was born Orison Whipple Hungerford in New York but was brought in Austin Texas by his grandmother who named him Ty because he was like a Texas typhoon. But he changed his name to Hardin after "outlaw John Wesley Hardin" who of course was an ancestor of PJ.

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 19th Aug, 2017 at 1:11pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

So sad to see so many legends "leaving the building". I remember seeing cowboy Ty on the telly every week in the great 60's.
  And yesterday a British legend Bruce Forsyth passed away aged 89.
   Old age eventually  gets us all!
      RON   Cry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print