Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jack Good was 86 (Read 4314 times)
18th Aug, 2017 at 1:06pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

On August 7th the great Jack Good was 86. He's the guy that started the ball rollin' for P.J.
  In 2016 P.J. visited Jack for his birthday in the Oxford area & he did the same on the 7th Aug. this year.Lovely article & pics in 2016 in "The Beat" magazine & this year recently there was a lovely pic to see of Jack & Jim on FB.
   Last year some filming was done of Jack & his star birthday guests & it will all be used in a documentary about Mr. Good & his wonderful late 1950's & 1960's TV pop programmes & other wonderful things.
   Well a year further on I'm wondering if that doc. is finished, & if so when & where can we see it? Anyone know?? It of course includes P.J. appearing on some of Jack's pop shows & a few of the clips have never,ever been seen before!
    RON  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 22nd Aug, 2017 at 10:28am

Bridgetc   Offline
P J Proby is the best
vocalist
hertfordshire

That would be great to see more early clips of PJ maybe even some I didn't see before although my diaries have entries of the dates he was appearing on TV.Yes I kept a couple of my 1960's diaries.
What channel did the interviews of Jack Good ,it would be really interesting to hear his memories .
Happy days
Bridget

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 24th Aug, 2017 at 12:44pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Well the documentary about Jack Good is not completed yet BUT zoom over to FB. WHY? Because a never before seen TV clip is on there to view.It's P.J. singing "Endless Sleep" on February 2nd,1963 on the USA "Young America Swings The World" TV show made by the great Jack Good.
   It's BRILLIANT!
      Ron  Cheesy
P.S. 15 months later P.J. was a super-star!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 24th Aug, 2017 at 9:06pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Thanks for that Ron, that is a fantastic piece of film.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 24th Aug, 2017 at 11:48pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Thanks Ron, I have seen the clip of PJ singing "Endless Sleep" on facebook. It is brilliant! Cheesy
It is great that these clips are still being found after all these years. I hope that this piece of film can be shared on this forum. Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 2nd Sep, 2017 at 11:46am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I hope so too Dave. It's been shared onto so many FB sites & thousands have viewed it! But of course not all people are on FB so maybe Manja or UP can put the great clip on here?
    Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 2nd Sep, 2017 at 12:11pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Already on here recently is the great Dick Clark interview with P.J. from July 1965. So thanks so much Manja.
      P.J. spoke so friendly & well (as usual!)
               Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print