Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
WELCOME TO THE 60's. (Read 5349 times)
Reply #30 - 3rd Sep, 2018 at 10:44pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

So far we have 14 great Proby fans that will be meeting at 'The Postal Order' on Saturday Sept 29th.
(The Postal Order is a Weatherspoon pub/restaurant in Foregate Street)
The meeting time is 5.00pm. This should give us time to chat, drink and eat before making our way to the Swan Theatre for the evening show.
A table has been reserved for us allowing for 14-20 people. So still room for a few more.
The list so far :-
Ron, Pauline, Marilyn and Jim, Billy and Margaret,
Gina and daughter-in-law, John and Liz, Kathy, Diana, Dave and Wendy.
If anyone else would like join us, just let me or Ron know, you would be very welcome.
Best wishes
Dave

IP Logged

Reply #31 - 10th Sep, 2018 at 9:22am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Should be magic from start to finish.
   Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #32 - 22nd Sep, 2018 at 10:28am

AnnieLean   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love P.J. Proby!

Have a great time, I have no doubt that the show will be brilliant, I'm just sorry that I can't make it.  Sad

IP Logged

Reply #33 - 25th Sep, 2018 at 12:44pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

I would have loved to have met up with you Annie & Michael. It's been a good few years since we got together.
   Ron XX

IP Logged

Reply #34 - 27th Sep, 2018 at 5:46pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hope you all have a great time this weekend, I'm sure PJ will  not dissapoint you. I'm looking forward to the reports of the shows. Wish I could be there but I will have to wait for the Blackpool show. All the best.

IP Logged

Reply #35 - 28th Sep, 2018 at 10:12am

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

I expect you are all on your way now, I have got to wait till tomorrow! I know Pauline is there already.
Hope you all have a fabulous time tonight and we will see you all tomorrow.
Marilyn and Jim  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #36 - 1st Oct, 2018 at 11:05am

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

What an amazing weekend! 2 great shows at the Swan theatre. The shows were fantastic. Non stop 60's music and  sketches performed by the brilliant choir "Voices Unlimited" and the special guest P J Proby. There were some great performances but Ria Keen's "You've Lost that Loving Feeling" was terrific.  PJ was in great form, looking great and singing as good as ever. He looked as though he was really enjoying being backed by the choir. PJ joined the show in the 2nd half when he came on singing "Niki Hoeky" then he did a song that he not recorded before "The Three Bells" it was wonderful (it would make a great Christmas record). That was followed by "Somewhere". After a few more songs from the choir PJ returned to close the show with "Hold Me" which by the end had every one on their feet and dancing. So a great show and a great weekend in Worcester. Thank you to the fans that came to the meal and chat on Saturday at "The Postal Order" hope you enjoyed.  Cheesy

Very best wishes
Dave and Wendy
P.S, The good news is that the show was professionally filmed and will be released on a DVD Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #37 - 1st Oct, 2018 at 5:14pm

Bridgetc   Offline
P J Proby is the best
vocalist
hertfordshire

Sounds really good.The Three Bells is a lovely song.I used to have the single by The Browns.Looking forward to the tour.
Bridget

IP Logged

Reply #38 - 2nd Oct, 2018 at 5:42pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

It was really, really brilliant. Everything went so well & meeting the P.J. fans, many of whom I have not seen for quite a few years, was amazing! P.J. is so SPECIAL & his fans are also so SPECIAL.
  I'm bursting to get the DVD of the whole show(s). Plus being as "60's Gold" is the last ever tour I do hope & pray that it also gets filmed. If anyone sees Manja ask her if a dvd of the final "60's Gold" tour ever will be possible. Or maybe the shows organisors will consider it?
    RON Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #39 - 3rd Oct, 2018 at 2:56pm

DianaDavy   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love P.J. Proby!

i, too, await the DVD of this tremendous show.  I thought Ria was electric and couldn't take my eyes off her when she sang.  PJ said he enjoyed it immensely - as did we all.  I also enjoyed chatting to Dave and Wendy; we stayed at the same B&B.

IP Logged

Reply #40 - 3rd Oct, 2018 at 6:56pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

So glad the weekend went well and you all enjoyed yourself and of course PJ performed so well. The "Farewell Tour" starts tonight. I don't know what his choice of songs will be but I hope he performs his own hits.

IP Logged

Reply #41 - 29th Nov, 2018 at 11:29am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The "60's Gold" only has two more gigs to go before it's over.I saw it in Margate & P.J. was wonderful. I've been trying & asking to get the whole show professionally filmed & put out on DVD but Manja says this is something that will never happen! Well I say "why not!?".
   But I'm so happy that the filming of the September Worcester "Welcome To The 60's" shows could happen & I'm bursting to buy the DVD when it's out.When it's released I'll let everyone know on here & on FB. And if anyone on here knows before me then please pass on the info to us.
   Thanks,
      Ron.  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #42 - 29th Nov, 2018 at 11:32am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Last night (Wednesday,28th Nov.) the "60's Gold" was in Birmingham. BRUM is my home-city so I'd love to know how things went there at the beautiful Symphony Hall. 2,262 people would have watched & enjoyed that show.
   RON  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print