Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
you've come back (Read 2300 times)
14th May, 2018 at 11:19am

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

hi Ron I have just recently seen your comment on f/book re- pj's you've come back on the booking .com advert I have certainly seen it as it got my attention immediately don't know if you had seen a tv progamme quite a few years back that had tv presenter jonny ball & and his daughter zoe returning to corfu which had the magnificent PJ singing the first few lines of the wonderful YOU'VE COME BACK Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 15th May, 2018 at 11:31am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Hello Billy....I love that song done by P.J. in 1966 called "You've Come Back". In the TV advert (booking.com) they definitely use the opening piece of music....such a pity that they did not also add a bit of the brilliant vocals done by P.J.
    The TV programme you mentioned with Johnny & Zoe Ball returning to Corfu is something that I did not know about. Great to see that P.J. did a few lines of "You've Come Back"
    Cheers...Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 19th May, 2018 at 9:53am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi again Billy.....you ,me & Stephen Bailey all recognise that bit of music from P.J.'s "You've Come Back", that can be heard in the TV advert for "booking.com".
  However on FB Manja has answered with:"It's NOT the same music".
  Well I say one word.... "HUH!".
How can she not recognise that music which has been "pinched" from the opening of P.J.'s superb recording of "You've Come Back". I am 100% sure it's the same 7 or 8 seconds of instrumental music.
   RON Grin

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 22nd May, 2018 at 1:34pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Ron as I have only seen & heard the ad one & a bit times I couldn't say for certain that it is from PJ's version Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 23rd May, 2018 at 6:00pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi Billy..I've seen that TV advert about 5 times now. The last time was yesterday,early evening on ITV 2. That tune I'm rattling about is 7 seconds long & almost exactly the same as the opening instrumental bit of P.J.'s "You've Come Back". It's recognisable straight away...13 lovely music notes.
    Cheers,
        Ron  Cheesy
P.S. Soon on FB I'll add the official sheet music opening  piece to "You've Come Back"

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 29th May, 2018 at 6:49pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

That 7 second music on the TV advert for booking.com is not the real & actual music that was put on P.J.'s song "You've Come Back" but it is a copy.
    A few people say that it is not the same sounding music....I'm sorry but I think it is!
    Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 13th Jun, 2018 at 5:49pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

That booking.com TV advert is on every day now. It's also  booking.yeah.
   This is my last comment about it by the way. It definitely is the music that can be heard on the opening of the P.J. song "You've Come Back". But on P.J.'s version it's a full orchestra that plays it whereas on the TV advert it sounds like a trumpet.
   Ron  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print