Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
the beat mag (Read 1442 times)
13th Jun, 2018 at 9:11pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

just read the PJ article in the beat mag Ron another gem once again many many thanks   Billy& Margaret  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 14th Jun, 2018 at 10:42pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Thank you Ron for keeping the publicity going, lovely surprise when I opened my magazine! Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 19th Jun, 2018 at 10:11am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

I'm so glad that some P.J. fans still get "The Beat" magazine. I do wish more people would go for it. I ring the editor David Parker now & then & he told me that the list of subscribers is going down. That is a shame...hope it does not mean that one day "The Beat" will finish.
  I'll give that magazine a plug on FB soon. I've subscribed since 2003 & in that time I've had 29 letters published about P.J. & I've written 38 articles for "The Beat"...all mainly about the great P.J.Proby.Plus every Xmas I pay with pleasure 60 to get my P.J. Xmas message into this great magazine.
  I always put my "Beat"magazine aricles about P.J. onto Facebook so his fans who do not buy the magazine still get the chance to see it.
    Ron  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 20th Jul, 2018 at 11:40am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Should be another P.J. article written by me coming up in "The Beat" magazine...probably in September.
  Plus don't forget at the moment & until the 20th August it's voting time for the "Roll Of Honour Poll 2018". So please vote for your: Best male singer,Best female singer,Best instrumental band or group & finally Best singing pop group.
  All of your nominations have to be still performing now.
I went for P.J.Proby,Shirley Bassey,The Tornados & Vanity Fare.
   Ron Cheesy
To send in your four votes:                                                  e-mail: david@beat-magazine.co.uk

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 10th Aug, 2018 at 6:53pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Have just read your brilliant article in the beat magazine Ron. Such wonderful facts and P J history.
I have also voted in the roll of honour poll
Best female P J Arnold ( an amazing singer who you must try to see!
Best band The Animals
Best Group The Merseybeats
Can't decide who the best male could be
Cheesy oh alright P J Proby. Wink

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 15th Aug, 2018 at 9:44am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi mazzaj1.....When you vote for the best band it should be an instrumental band,group or duo/trio. So your vote for the Animals in that category won't be counted because they were a great SINGING group. I know the Animals & all other 60's singing groups also played guitars & drums,etc. to back themselves but they were known as singing beat groups.
  For the category called "bands" you could go for Acker Bilk,Kenny Ball,Bill Black Combo,Horst Jankowski,Sounds Orchestral,Bert Kaempfert,Herb Alpert,Booker T & The M.G.'s,The Surfari's,Santo & Johnny,The Ventures,The Tornados,Sounds Incorporated,Floyd Kramer,Hugo Montenegro,etc. etc.
  I really hope P.J. wins the category he is part of.I thank everyone who voted for him.
   For anyone who has not yet voted then you have until the 20th August. Best Male,Best Female,Best Band,Best Group. All must still be going strong even now even if they originally started in the 1950's,60's or 70's.
  Vote via:david@beat-magazine.co.uk   Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print