Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sixties Gold Tour 2018 (Read 2333 times)
3rd Oct, 2018 at 4:39pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

The Sixties Gold Tour 2018 kicked off last night at Oxford's New Theatre. All the acts were in good form despite it being the 1st show of the tour and having had little rehearsals. The compare announced the acts that would be performing and it was PJ that got the biggest cheer!
The Fortunes got the show moving. Then came Vanity Fare with their set and then they stayed on to back Steve Ellis.
The hard working Vanity Fare were then joined by Sophie on saxophone to back PJ Proby.
PJ came on to the stage singing "Mission Bell"  followed by "Lonely Weekends", "Niki Hoekey", "Somewhere", Ain't Gonna Kiss Ya"
and finished the 1st half of the show with "Hold Me" which like at Worcester had everyone up and dancing.
The 2nd half started with The Merseybeats. They were followed by The Searchers who did not disappoint and as with PJ in the 1st half, they had everyone up and dancing at the end.
So another great performance for PJ which will get even better as the tour goes on.
P.S. This tour is billed as the farewell 60's tour for The Searchers and farewell tour for PJ.
I don't think either will stop touring or performing.
As for the Sixties Gold Tours, they will continue with The Sixties Gold 2019 acts already confirmed with what seems a fairly weak line up with no PJ Sad, no Searchers, and no Gerry and The Pacemakers.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 6th Oct, 2018 at 12:45pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

The Searchers will probably stop doing long U.K. tours that means all the stars have to drive thousands & thousands of miles all over Wales,Scotland & England for a couple of months. So in March 2019 The Searchers will still be doing shows but not big tours.                                             P.J. on the current flyer for "60's Gold" is said to be on his farewell tour but even if this is his very last "60's Gold" event he will never retire.He loves performing & wants to carry on & on & on. Plus don't forget what P.J. said two years ago on the BBC TV programme "The One Show"....."I'll be onstage forever!. I'll dance right into a big old hole in the ground".
  So hopefully another big 60's show company such as "The Sensational 60s Experience" will give P.J. some work.
  And don't forget that on Sunday,March 24th,2019 the great P.J. is onstage for one hour at the Vauxhall Holiday Park in Great Yarmouth. He also said in a recent pop magazine interview that in 2019 he's got a few gigs with Van Morrison. Hope that happens!
   RON  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 6th Oct, 2018 at 12:47pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Hi David.....where did you spot that a "60's Gold" line up for 2019 was going to happen?. I was pretty certain that 2018 was Chimes International's very final "60's Gold" tour.
   Cheers,
      Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 6th Oct, 2018 at 7:42pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Hi Ron, I also thought the 2018 "60's Gold" tour was to be the last and was surprised to see the 2019 "60's Gold" tour being advertised inside the cover of the current tour programme.(I will email you a copy). The line up is … Hermans Hermits, The Merseybeats, Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders, The Marmalade and Steve Ellis.
The tour visits 37 theatres and starts 27 Sept 2019 at Eastleigh and finishes with 2 shows at Leeds 15 Dec 2019. 
Best wishes
Dave

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 7th Oct, 2018 at 12:34am

Elaine   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Thoroughly enjoyed the show in Llandudno on Thursday night, as did my son who came with me. Looking forward to Liverpool now and meeting up with Pauline again. PJ still has such an amazing voice and his performance of ‘Somewhere’ just thrills me every time! I bought the new CD and love the Lin Butler/ PJ Christian country songs - so different and shows another side of this talented and versatile performer - absolutely brilliant!!

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 7th Oct, 2018 at 4:37pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Hi Elaine glad you enjoyed the show, I will be seeing it in Southend in about a weeks time, so sorry I can't get to Liverpool this time, but I will be going to Gateshead and Southampton. Enjoy Liverpool with Pauline.
Love Marilyn Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 7th Oct, 2018 at 9:23pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Thanks for that review of the show Dave. That's a good choice of songs for PJ.   I'm definately biased but I always think that he should be the closing act, like you said he always gets the biggest response from the audience and it's so obvious from the reaction to his spot (especially the women) that he is the "Star Turn".   I have to wait for the Blackpool show but that could be a great night being the day after his birthday.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 3rd Nov, 2018 at 3:31pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

The "60's Gold" tour is now up in Bonnie Scotland & doing so well. All the acts are superb but P.J. is the very,very best!.
   Ron  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 8th Nov, 2018 at 9:22pm

George   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

I went to the Blackpool show last night. What a fantastic night, all the acts were superb  belting out all the hits from our youth. But of course I only went to see one special act. P J PROBY. And he did not disappoint he was superb. The man just gets better and better, I wish he could get a longer spot but It was still a great night.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 11th Nov, 2018 at 9:50am

Bridgetc   Offline
P J Proby is the best
vocalist
hertfordshire

Lovely show in Northampton last night.PJ was in great voice,really strong and the audience loved it.Great that Nicky Hoeky is included it really rocked and it's one of my favourites.
Bridget

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 11th Nov, 2018 at 1:41pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Thanks to Elaine, George and Bridget for reports from Llandudno, Blackpool and Northampton.   We all wish PJ could be on for longer but we do get six great songs. I am pleased that he included "Ain't gonna kiss ya" which gets a great audience reaction because of the Searchers connection. I really enjoy hearing and watching "Lonely Weekends" PJ and Sophie do a great routine performing this song - brilliant entertainment  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 23rd Nov, 2018 at 8:22pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Can't wait for Sunday to see the show at Southampton, it really is the best sixties show for a long time.
Then it is just wait for Great Yarmouth unless anything else comes up.
Marilyn Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 24th Nov, 2018 at 1:06pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
ever!

Last night (23rd Nov.) the "60's Gold" show was in Doncaster. Another 4 dates to go & then the 2018 tour is over. Aussie Tony Priest & his wife Jacquie should be over from Gosford (near Sydney) in New South Wales,Australia,to see the final three "60's Gold" shows.
  I hope all goes so well for this couple & hopefully Tony will later let us all know how everything went.
   Plus the American singer & pal of P.J., Donny Richmond from Tennessee, should be over to watch one or two final shows. He was planning to be over in September but sadly his brother died so Donny had to cancel his trip to England.He did tell me he'll try to come over in late November/early December.
   There IS a "60's Gold" 2019 tour but P.J. is not in it. It is the very last tour so why P.J. is not included I cannot understand. The most brilliant performer the promotors have got should definitely be on the final "60's Gold" show next year along with Hermans Hermits,The Merseybeats,Wayne Fontana,The Marmalade & Steve Ellis.
    RON Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print