Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sweet & tender romance (Read 768 times)
1st Feb, 2019 at 11:37am

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

just come across a slightly different (but excellent) version of sweet and tender romance by PJ its on the London record label 9705 don't know if it was ever released or still available in any form so any info would be most grateful cause I was not even aware of it just stumbled across on the computer         thanks BILLY Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 1st Feb, 2019 at 12:37pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

I think that it was that different version of "Sweet & Tender Romance" which was the B side on the 1964 Australian single "Together". No other country had that version,just Oz.
          RON  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 2nd Feb, 2019 at 12:18am

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

"Sweet & Tender Romance"  was the B side on the 1964 UK single "Together" (F11967). I found that a different version of the song was released as the B side of "Together" in USA and Canada (LON 9705) in Australia (Y7181) , New Zealand (DEC.300) and South Africa (FM7-7106).

Billy, I think the only official digital release of "Sweet & Tender Romance" is on the CD "The EP Collection" and this is the UK released version.
Hope this helps
Dave Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 2nd Feb, 2019 at 1:55pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Thanks Dave & Ron I have the original vinyl single & the cd The EP collection it was just this different version that fascinated me and if it was available SOMEWHERE thanks for info  Smiley           BILLY Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 2nd Feb, 2019 at 10:14pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Hi Billy,  I have a spare copy of the New Zealand vinyl single (DEC.300) that you can have if you want it.
Best wishes
Dave  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 4th Feb, 2019 at 11:28am

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi  Dave I would love a copy thanks very much that's very kind of you i'll get in touch with with joff I'm sure he has your details and i'll give you a call to make some arrangements for posting thanks   BILLY Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 4th Feb, 2019 at 2:35pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Hi Billy, That's a good idea. Jeff will give you my contact details.
Best wishes
Dave

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 4th Feb, 2019 at 8:41pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Dave just wondering if you are going to Great Yarmouth it may be easier there just a thought thanks  Billy Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 4th Feb, 2019 at 9:41pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Hi Billy, We will be going to Great Yarmouth so if you don't mind waiting I can give you the record then. We look forward to seeing you and Margaret again.
Best wishes
Dave Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 4th Feb, 2019 at 10:03pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

Hi Dave that's great looking forward to seeing you and Wendy thanks again  BILLY  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 6th Feb, 2019 at 11:29am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Great that these two super couples will meet up in Great Yarmouth in late March.
  I was planning to be there also BUT when I saw the 19 gig "P.J.Proby-Farewell Tour" was arranged I decided to come over to see two of those shows instead, in May.The Brexit problems plus poor weather would possibly have made me travelling over from Belgium in March to have some trouble, so late May will be fantastic. Plus on the 25th May, the day after the Horsham show, Linda & I will celebrate being married for 45 years.
   I do hope that Dave & Billy can take some lovely photos of the one & only legend P.J.Proby at Vauxhall Holiday Park.I remember going there many years ago to see P.J. perform.          RON  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print