Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

PJProby.net HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
welcome to the sixties (Read 487 times)
23rd Feb, 2019 at 12:42pm

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the dvd from the show I phoned the theatre but they said it had nothing to do with them so I phoned a mobile number for voices unlimited but there was no answer cause I'm itching to see the dvd from what was a fabulous couple of shows with the fantastic PJ       thanks Billy Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11th Mar, 2019 at 5:56pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

Hi Billy, I have been wondering the same thing. They did say that the show had been professionally recorded and that a dvd would be released.
I am trying to find out if and when it will happen and hope to have some information soon. Keep those fingers crossed.
Best wishes
Dave  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12th Mar, 2019 at 11:06am

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

thanks for the reply Dave I do hope a they release a dvd cause i'll be first in the que to buy one & as i said the shows were fabulous & PJ was fantastic (as usual) looking forward to seeing you  and wendy at great Yarmouth
Billy Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 12th Mar, 2019 at 3:45pm

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

I have had a reply from Voices Unlimited. The sad news is that there will not be a DVD of this great show. The quality of the recording was not good enough to produce a DVD for general release. I am sorry to have to pass on this bad news  Sad
Best wishes
Dave

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 12th Mar, 2019 at 4:28pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

Thanks for that information Dave, it would have been really something to have had a reminder of that special night, when P J sang the three bells song it made me cry!
Look forward to seeing you and Wendy next week.
We are so lucky to have some shows this year.
Love Marilyn  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 13th Mar, 2019 at 11:45am

BillyBell   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby!

thanks dave so disappointed though  :' see you all soon     love billy & margaret

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 22nd Mar, 2019 at 10:43am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

I heard that sad news also BUT the top lady singer Ria Keen,who was brilliant onstage, has told me that P.J. & Manja will be getting a copy of the Worcester shows on DVD. So she told me that if they view it & like it then there is a possibility that Manja could get it made & released for us all to buy it via the house of proby.
  So I hope soon that Manja will pass on some good news to us all.
   RON  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 25th Mar, 2019 at 2:34pm

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Super lady singer Ria Keen told me in February this year that the only people to get the fab DVD of the Worcester "Welcome To The 60's" show, from late September, were the 100 or so members of the singing group Voices Unlimited.Ria did not say that the quality was not good enough for it to be generally released. So if it's good quality for that giant singing group then surely it's good enough for us loyal P.J. fans.
  Ria has been very busy lately, so maybe she has not had the time, just yet, to send the film footage to Manja & P.J.
   Anyway at least you all now know there's a chance that P.J.'s  2018 performance in Worcester will be out on DVD. Hopefully M.D. & P.J. will love it. We just need to be patient with our fingers & toes crossed! LOL!
    RON Grin Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print