Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Official P.J. Proby Fan Forum

HomeHelpSearch TourDates Login  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The JOE LONGTHORNE MBE 'ALL STAR TRIBUTE EVENING' (Read 237 times)
29th Sep, 2021 at 2:03am

Dave Harwood   Offline
P.J.Proby-the greatest
singer in the world
Berkshire

The JOE LONGTHORNE MBE 'ALL STAR TRIBUTE EVENING' on 25/9/21 (originally planned for May 2020 but postponed due to Covid)
Titled "A Night to Remember" It was a night Wendy and I will never forget! This amazing show was probably the longest tribute show ever. Due to commence at 7.30pm, it started at 8.10pm and finished at 12.50am with a 30-min interval. About 25 top class artists each had a short time to pay tribute to their friend Joe and they all were fantastic. ​ P J Proby came on stage at 10.37pm backed by the Joe Longthorne Band with the addition of Sophie on Sax and husband,Tony Young of the Pacemakers on keyboard. P J was on for about 13 minutes and made good use of the time to do his brilliant medley of hits - Somewhere, Together, Hold Me, I Apologise, Niki Hoeky, Maria and I'm Coming Back. P J left the stage with us wanting more, but with many acts still waiting to come on, there was not time. It was a very long night and the incredible Joe Longthorne Band were on stage most of that time supporting the other artists. Everyone seemed to enjoy the show and left very tired and very happy.
It was great to see PJ on stage again and looking well. Great to see Manja and lovely to meet up again with great PJ fans - Marilyn and Jim, Margaret and Billy.
We will be back to Blackpool in April for An Evening with the Legendry P.J.Proby.
See you there.
Dave and Wendy.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 4th Oct, 2021 at 9:45am

Ron   Offline
YaBB Moderator
P.J. is the best vocalist
ever!

Great news about that wonderful Joe Longthorne Tribute Show.So many great performers with P.J. being probably the very best! I'm bursting to see P.J. onstage in Margate,Saturday evening,9th October.   Smiley                                       
                  Ron

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11th Oct, 2021 at 4:50pm

mazzajones1   Offline
I Love P.J. Proby! For
ever
shoreham-by-sea

It was certainly a wonderful night Dave and Wendy sorry I had to rush off at 12.30. Thought I was going to faint as it was so hot in the theatre.
A wonderful night for me and the highlight was seeing Denise Furgus.
Looking forward to the April show and will bring a fan with me.lol.
Top quality acts especially Richard and Allen 💜 and of course the wonderful P J P 👌💖💜💕

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print